Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 May 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Tit for tat. Birthday on board...May 19. Home

Alarm set for 7 but was up at 6 as I could hear the conveyer belt they use to more the bags.

Got dressed and rest of room packed by 7.30. You have to leave your room by 8 so we went to the buffet got some muffins and pastries etc.

We had to be in the playhouse theatre at 9.15 to disembark. We got there at 9 and they let us straight through. Was really easy, scanned card as we left, walked down to a big room that had our luggage and wheeled it out to the cps office to collect the car. We are about 3.5hours drive from Southampton and we got home for 1.30 which was good timing.

Did have a thing about petrol on way home. Hubby thought one petrol staying too expensive at 137p so left it till there was nearly nothing in the tank to go to a petrol station that was 148p. Was a told you so moment but as he was driving I only thought it.

Washing, unpacking and shopping was rest of the day.

Couple of things to share.

Can’t remember if I wrote about the awful smell on the first few day around the middle of the ship or not but it kind of ruined it for us those days. Luckily though it wasn’t there for free last few days. Hubby did say he saw them removing waste at one of the ports so this is what I believe the smell was.

The amount of people commenting about our girls was astounding. I must have had more than 15 people speak to us and I over heard others too.
They were saying how well behaved there are. Good manners. Polite. Glad to see them not on technology but drawing, playing games or writing. One couple literally stopped to watch Scarlett write, didnt actually say a word to us but just listening to the conversation we were having about what she could write.

They both did have their melt downs and Georgia has by far the most, they also sometimes ate with there fingers etc but they both always tried to do everything in an acceptable manner and I am very proud of my girls.

Georgia didn’t climb railings and she didn’t fall out of bed although I did put the suitcase as the end of bed so that would have called first and woke me just in case.

The majority of the staff were really good. The took loads of time interacting with the kids. Always polite and helpful. Very hard working too.

We spent way less money than we thought on board and I did drink just water a few times but the majority of time I just ordered what I wanted.

I was sceptical about going to the main sit down dinner with the kids but that actually turned out to be a real highlight. Was much nicer than buffet.

We do have two other cruises booked for next year which I am still not sure about due to a mess about on p&o side but I was a fantastic cheap cruise and definitely showed us what it would be like with the kids on a ship. As p&o have messed me about I am currently £400 down now plus I have lost £180 cashback so not a happy bunny. The cash back for this trip has also not tracked.

£1000 cruise (£50 maybe cashback)
£95 parking
£45 petrol
£265 on board spend
£6 on shore spends
£1411 total

Now I’ve just got to get on with Disney planning. At 30 days countdown today and FastPass is open.

Eek! Girls are going on a plane!

These are Scarlett’s holiday notes for her teacher that we sent in.

Edited at 12:25 AM. Reason: Adding
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We also enjoy the sit down meals with our boys they used to love getting a menu and all the attention from the waiting staff. Your girls sound lovely. What are the next cruises you have booked? Curious about where etc! You have lots of holidays to look forward to lucky lady. Thanks for the report I enjoyed it.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
enjoyed reading your reports, thanks
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
We also enjoy the sit down meals with our boys they used to love getting a menu and all the attention from the waiting staff. Your girls sound lovely. What are the next cruises you have booked? Curious about where etc! You have lots of holidays to look forward to lucky lady. Thanks for the report I enjoyed it.
They were Canary Islands and then Mediterranean but we have cancelled one just keeping the Canary Islands one now.

Yes got lots of holidays now. Combination of the girls at better ages to go places with just getting into good financial place. So glad we hammered mortgage for last few years all these holidays and memories make it worth while
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List