Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 1 Aug 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Suntrust - Has any UK resident mangage to open a Suntrust Credit Card?

Hi fellow Suntrust Bank account holders, has any UK resident tried or mangage to open a Suntrust Credit Card?

Unlike the Disney Visa credit card which states in their T&Cs its only open US residents I haven't yet found any such restrictions in Sutrust's T&C's.

But when I tried to open a credit card this morning through my Suntrust account it states...
We’re Sorry…
We are unable to complete your application at this time.
Please visit a local branch or call us at 877-377-9230 for assistance.
SunTrust representatives are available from 8 AM to 8 PM ET Monday – Friday and 8 AM to 5 PM ET Saturday.

Many thanks
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

You have to go in person with your ID
it was really quick

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
You have to go in person with your ID
it was really quick
Are you sure that wasn't for a debit card? I doubt any US bank will let a non resident open a credit card. When I returned to the US after 30 years in the UK I could only get a low credit limit card despite having a social security number and being a US citizen. It has taken me 2 years to build up my credit limits.
Old 2 Aug 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Are you sure that wasn't for a debit card? I doubt any US bank will let a non resident open a credit card. When I returned to the US after 30 years in the UK I could only get a low credit limit card despite having a social security number and being a US citizen. It has taken me 2 years to build up my credit limits.
just read Mastercard on my card and thought credit card but looking at the card again it has debit under the long digets

Edited at 02:11 PM.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Can't say that I have as I've always assumed that I couldn't, I think Donna has probably given the first hurdle - No Social Security number
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I would also be amazed if a bank would risk cross jurisdictional enforcement of a default on a credit card.
Old 2 Aug 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Many thanks for all your replies, I'm might be wrong but on the Suntrust bank application form wasn't there a request for a Social Security Number which you just had to enter all zero's? Was hoping that because Suntrust allows UK residents to open a US dollar bank account without a Social Security Number they might also allow us to open a credit card.

On another note has anyone used the Send Money with Zelle where you can pay a person using an email address or mobile phone number through the Move Money option in your online Suntrust account?
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I use Zelle all the time with my Bank of America account. It works great but I never tried it before I was US based.
Old 7 Aug 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Need to open the account in person. We then use Revolut to transfer the money without additional fees.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

I'm with suntrust and have the debit card. Never heard of moving money with zelle. Need to look at this.
How does it work exactly and what are the advantages?

I'm in republic of ireland and pay a small fortune in bank charges twice a year when i do a bank transfer to my account for dvc dues.I used to just pay it in person at the Disney Springs(DTD) branch BUT now that its no longer there, I don't have that option any more.

Does anyone know if the branch at MCO airport is still open? Ie actual people not automated?

Looking for a better way!

Sorry for hi jacking this thread!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List