Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 8 Sep 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
High's & Lows Back Yesterday

Morning all

We landed back yesterday morning so thought I would post my high's and lows.
We took our 6 year old granddaughter Harriet for he first Disney trip, she was a joy and a real trouper with all her walking (She normally moans when she has to walk too far!)

Highs

Flights both ways, the staff on the way from Manchester to Orlando were particularly fabulous. We were in seats 18 A&C and 19 A&C Harriet was a star and loved flying but wouldn't eat on the flight as the food was "stinky" The IFE was great and the flight seemed to pass by really quick. We landed in Orlando in the middle of a storm We spent about half an hour on the tarmac while the storm passed over. One of the first of the plane and into immigration. There was a largish queue when we got into the arrival hall but we didn't wait much more than 20 minutes to be seen. We had a lovely immigration officer and were through in about 3 minutes. Baggage was through in about 10 minutes tops off we went to meet our driver from Quicksilver, who as usual were great.

OKW what can I say? I love this resort and we had a lovely 2 bed villa 4730 in South Point/Penisular Road area with fab view over the golf course.

Housekeeping we had a lovely lady look after us and our room was serviced really well most days, the days she was off we could tell it wasn't her who had been! She left loads of towel animals etc for Harriet.

The weather (although also a little low)

MNSSHP we had a lovely time and got a shed load of candy!

Citrico's we had the most amazing evening in here twice! DH and I had a meal here jus the two of us, then we went with our friends the night before we came home. The first visit we had Rony as our server he was lovely, very attentive and knowledgeable with the menu and the wine. Then we had TY serve us, she was outstanding we left feedback with management just how lovely she had been with us.
Food in general in most places was decent although a lot of places serve food that comes out either cold or luke warm, which was sent back when served like it. Olivia's was the worst one I ordered prime rib it was stone cold the plate the meat the vegetables. I sent it back and had to wait for a replacement everyone in the group had finished theirs by the time it came out and I was passed eating and to be honest had been put off with the first meal that I had been given.
Having the choice of a cocktail with every meal I made the most of this

Taking Harriet for her first Disney trip! She was a joy and we loved taking her. Seeing her little face light up when she saw the Characters melted our hearts both DH and I welled up with just how lovely seeing her little face light up and the excitement she showed with all the new experiences.
Getting on the new Star Wars ride 2 times and riding Slinky Dog Dash so many times! This was Harriets favourite ride along with Everest! She hated Pirates of the Caribbean with a vengeance and also It's Tough to be a bug! We took her on Splash Mountain she hated that too lol

Meh's

The prices for Disney merchandise in the parks,
The vegetarian options for DS.
The car we hired from Alamo. We hired an intermediate SUV and got a Hyundai Tuscon it had not been valeted and there were sticky finger prints all over the windows and stained seats, I told DH we wanted another one, he said no we will just take it He doesn't like to complain, I however will! We picked the car up from the Dolphin the morning after we arrived we don't pick up from the airport, as DH likes a glass of red or two with his meal and won't drive after drinking. The car only had 2335 miles on the clock when we pick it up, it seemed so slow compared to our car at home (We do have a Jaguar XF though )

Lows

Not many really the weather although beautiful most days it was too hot and humid for DH who has to take things easy after his heart attack in March. He struggled a little but we kept putting him in the shade and making him walk through shops for the air con (Helped with the purchasing of things along the way though )

Dorian spoiled our plans one day, we were really lucky to escape what the poor people of the Bahamas went through The devastation of those beautiful Islands and the complete awfulness of what they have gone through is just hard to take in and my heart goes out to each and everyone affected.

Harriet took poorly the day before we flew home We were in Hollywood Studios and had walked on to both Toy Story and Slinky dog and Harriet just went really quiet, I asked her what was the matter she said nothing grandma, so I bought her a Mickey Cookie Ice Cream she had a mouthful and was struggling to eat it, she said that it hurt her throat to eat. We took her out of the park and straight to Centra Care. We spent an hour and a half there and the diagnosis was tonsillitis $354 dollars later and 2 bottle of antibiotics later we went back to the hotel for some chill out time.

Coming home! The holiday was over before we knew it! We loved taking Harriet and would love to take her again soon, however the weather was too hot for DH DS and Harriet, she seemed to struggle some days with the weather, I asked her if she wanted me to get her a buggy as it was a lot of walking she was adamant and said no We did on average 24,800 steps per day So this helped me only put on 1lb in the whole time we were away

The Hilton at Manchester airport the night before.

So that's it another holiday over and done with, the tan will fade but the memories will last with us forever

We won't be back next year as we are off to Fuerteventura in February for DH's birthday and the on a Norweigian cruise in August (a first for us as we have never been on a cruise) We won't be going back in August again as it is just too warm for us, it will be September/October next time probably 2021.

So thanks for reading.

Jane

August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19

Edited at 11:23 AM.
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Jane. An excellent report, well done.
Interesting to note Citricos has pulled its socks back up. We love it there but felt it had gone off the boil last year. Will now try it again.

It sounds like your Granddaughter had a great time. A pity she fell ill at the end but you were really on the ball getting her medical attention.

As a footnote Olivia's served me the coldest meal ever 2 weeks ago. Chef brought me out another personally - cold!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Jane. An excellent report, well done.
Interesting to note Citricos has pulled its socks back up. We love it there but felt it had gone off the boil last year. Will now try it again.

It sounds like your Granddaughter had a great time. A pity she fell ill at the end but you were really on the ball getting her medical attention.

As a footnote Olivia's served me the coldest meal ever 2 weeks ago. Chef brought me out another personally - cold!
I was so disappointed chef Courtney brought my meal out to me but really was put off with the first meal
Citrico’s was sooooo good still my most favourite place to eat!
Hope you and Mrs TM are ok after the passing of her dad

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by janeywaney View Post
I was so disappointed chef Courtney brought my meal out to me but really was put off with the first meal
Citrico’s was sooooo good still my most favourite place to eat!
Hope you and Mrs TM are ok after the passing of her dad

Jane
Jane. Thank you, my Wife is doing ok. A bit of a family drama developing but that's for the future.

Funny story. Our Granddaughter slept for 3 hours on the plane going home. Was awake in the car on the 1.5hr drive to their house. Slept for 3 hours in the afternoon. Went to bed at 9.00pm and slept for 15 hours straight

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Great highs and not so many lows. We're going with our granddaughter for the first time next month, she's 5 and I can't wait to see her reactions to all the sights, rides and characters.
Old 8 Sep 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for posting. I always enjoy reading the highs and lows. Sounds like you had a great time. Hope Harriet is well again. Great photo with Minnie
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Thank you for sharing xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Welcome home. Thanks for sharing. What a lovely photograph.
Old 8 Sep 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Glad you had a wonderful holiday especially your Granddaughter it’s magical when you see how happy the children are, I watch our video of our 2 boys having breakfast with Mickey & Minnie I well up too & that was 22 years ago, enjoy your cruise next year, hope she’s over her illness too
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List