Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Sep 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Its only 2 of the 3. 1 quick and 1 table meal.
Im sure most people have at least breakfast or lunch each day, even when away.
I almost never eat lunch and breakfast. Generally one or the other. I certainly couldn’t eat out three times a day for 2 weeks. I can’t get through all the credits. TS yes. The QS and snacks no. That said I’ve started buying drinks in recent trips with snack credits and have developed a love of the strawberry lollies when it’s boiling hot. I think the issue is many snacks are meal sized. There are loads of snacks that provide a big carb heavy breakfast.

Edited at 08:31 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We had the deluxe plan this time and pretty much used it all without much hassle.
We just used 2 per day at a signature and had either breakfast or lunch with the other. I had barely any snacks though. I used about 10 all in all on hibiscus coolers and 1 dole whip.
OH used his on Iced coffee and DS just had the lot pretty much!
We used loads at Food and Wine actually and then the last few on Ghiradelli squares.
(A tin of 30 is 2 snack credits)

We had enough TS credits left to cover the bill for ourselves and our friends at BOG too at MNSSHP

Nothing was wasted

Edited at 10:34 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

We've just come back and were on the QSDP and on our last night we srill had 10 quick service meals left and 7 snack credits. At the beginning we thought we'd eat everything no problem but no. We ended up using them on sugar cookies, Krispy treats, goofys candy. As mentioned above, we also tended to conserve our credits at first but then just found we weren't hungry enough to eat 2 meals and 2 snacks each per day.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We have just got back and it was our first time on the DDP having previously done only the QSDP. I thought we loved our food and none of us are skinny minnies believe me, but it defeated us. There was just SO much food!

We found that if we had a buffet or character breakfast, we were just not hungry again until dinner time. The kids sometimes got an ice cream or slushy in the afternoon. Even with a concerted effort at the food and wine festival, we still ended up with 11 quick service and 28 snack credits left at the end of our stay. We had a couple of days offsite - one at Discovery Cove and another to Clear Water during the Disney portion of our stay which probably didn’t help. We don’t drink fizzy drinks and all prefer water (well I prefer ice actually!) so we didn’t use our credits for drinks either. We found the portion sizes unmanageable at places like Chef Art Smiths, Yak and Yeti and Polite Pig so we shared meals. Where we couldn’t share, the kids in particular wasted a lot and I felt guilty. Despite both kids being classed as Disney adults, they were given the kids option at places like Ohana and Garden Grill plus the full adult portions. At chef Art Smiths, DD1 made the mistake of asking for the adult version of the chicken tenders meal, she got 7 humongous tenders plus fries and mashed potato. It was insane.

After about Day 3, we stopped taking our left overs as the fridge got full and we never got around to eating them anyway. We literally had to buy another suitcase to bring home all the snacks we exchanged the credits for and by the end, I was actually sick of the sight of food. I had made a list of all the snacks I was looking forward to trying, I only managed one of them - poutine. It was a relief when we got to Universal and could eat somewhat normally I think.

I take my hat of to those of you that manage to use up all your credits.

Edited at 11:05 PM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Not sure why you would go to ihop if you have breakfast available on dp. IHOP isn’t that great. I don’t understand why people are sharing meals if they are struggling to use credits either
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jocesk View Post
Not sure why you would go to ihop if you have breakfast available on dp. IHOP isn’t that great. I don’t understand why people are sharing meals if they are struggling to use credits either
Me and my daughter sometimes share meals because that’s enough food. Why have food just to throw it away? I’d rather lose credits that waste actual food.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Devonlou
Very Serious Dibber

Yes you can use them at ghiradelli's!

We had loads of credits left so went in and asked, each snack credit is worth just over $6 ($6.24 springs to mind for some reason), you can also make use of the offers of 3 for 2 etc as it goes on the final balance at the till, so if your total bill is $65 for example can use 10 snack credits and a small amount of cash.
SSR August 2015 & 2017
OKW August 2019
Devonlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano31
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Cant stand ghiradelli's so that's not an option.

Me and my partner like American pancakes . If any one knows anywhere we can get them onsite for a qs credit we would probably do that
Deano31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We had a few qs meals left over this year as DS and DH went to KSC on last day. We used our leftover credits to pay for a family’s meal in the queue at Pecos Bill. They were really grateful and it felt good to do. We were going on to a cruise after so really didn’t need any more snacks to take with us. Usually though we don’t have a problem using all our credits but we do enjoy eating in the different restaurants onsite and it is part of our holiday
Old 14 Sep 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’m sure I’ve heard that If you have credits left you can spread a little “pixie dust” by paying for someone else’s meal for them or something similar?

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List