Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
top_pull
I have Ears

DLP - End of Nov - Open to ideas :)

Hello Dibbsters.

Been a little while since I was last around.

We've had a bit of a Disney break since "going large" at WDW for Easter 2018. Proper kitchen sink job (14nights Beach Club - Club Level, etc.)

I've managed to convince Mrs TP that we need to rekindle some of Disney Magic and so have booked a suite at NPB Compass Club for a long weekend.

Our 2 little ladies (11 + 10) have no idea. We're gonna pretend to do a London weekend and the first they will know about seeing Mickey is when we check-in at St Pancras. They still wont be as excited as me though.

We've done DLP quite a few times when the girls were younger. Last time we stayed in Castle Club and had the most magical 4 days imaginable. (Pluto doing doggie shuffle-bums along the ground at breakfast!) I did look to go back there, but couldn't really justify splurging £3.5k all-in for two nights. (GULP)

To finally get to my point of posting... I'm just looking a for few ideas on what to do. I'm slightly aware that we will have great expectations from last being at WDW and that DLP might be a bit meh...

We've only ever stayed in DLH so any nuggets about NPD would be appreciated. We've never been during Xmas season... so anything to look out for?

I'm aware that my girls are a bit older now and not in the princess stage (eldest never). We LOVE inventions and will try to book when the when the window opens.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers
TP
top_pull is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post

If you have a suite at Compass Club level booked then I believe that comes with VIP fastpass - so definitely make use of that!

Location wise the hotel is less than a 10 minute walk from the parks, so don't bother with the shuttle bus. You will also find the security lines via the hotel walkway will be significantly shorter than those where the buses come in (because that is also the same place the day trippers car park and the train station come in).

Christmas season at DLP is amazing. Don't miss the Christmas parade (watch it from Main St for added snow!) or Mickey's Big Band Show, both are fantastic.

Have a great time!

Edited at 04:55 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
top_pull
I have Ears

Thanks for taking the time to respond :-)

Yes the VIP Fastpasses was a consideration for the suite. When booking Disney I always get sucked into the "For a few hundred more I can get... "

Part of the attraction of NPB was it's resemblance to Beach Club. Hope we're not disappointed.

Deffo suckers for the parade so that's a given. Will check out Big Band!

Thanks
TP

Edited at 05:06 PM.
top_pull is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

I would say to get a copy of the park schedule right before you go, and aim to do as many of the Christmas extras as you can - seeing the Christmas parade, the Christmas tree lighting ceremony, the advent calendar (if you’re there before Christmas Day), any Christmas shows on Castle Stage or light shows on the Hollywood Tower etc. Go on Small World and any other rides that are decked out for Christmas (not sure if there are any others though.)

I’d like to hear how you get on - we’re planning a similar Christmas trip in the next year or two, and I’ve always wanted NPB to be our next DLP hotel. I’m not sure if it will feel the same after staying in Beach Club at WDW though, so we might just go back to DLH (which is what DH wants to do anyway!)
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
top_pull
I have Ears

Thanks for the Xmas tips!
If the Castle Club at DLH was £500 less I probably would have gone back. Last time, girls were perfectly aged and the extended character interaction at breakfast... my words wouldn't do it justice.

I think with only going to 2 nights we will make most of the VIP Fastpasses and have long park days. I've booked Inventions via the Dutch site already!

I'm in 2 minds about comparing The Beach Club with NPB... but I guess if you don't try you don't know.

Of course I'll report back :-)

Cheers,
TP
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by top_pull View Post
Thanks for the Xmas tips!
If the Castle Club at DLH was £500 less I probably would have gone back. Last time, girls were perfectly aged and the extended character interaction at breakfast... my words wouldn't do it justice.

I think with only going to 2 nights we will make most of the VIP Fastpasses and have long park days. I've booked Inventions via the Dutch site already!

I'm in 2 minds about comparing The Beach Club with NPB... but I guess if you don't try you don't know.

Of course I'll report back :-)

Cheers,
TP
I’ll be hoping that you come back to say that NPB brought back lots of happy memories of Beach Club, sprinkled with some DLP Christmas magic! We had a meal in NPB during our last trip, and had a wander around the hotel and grounds while we were there. I thought it was lovely, and I hope I do get to stay there one day.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

The other thing to think about is a regular dlh room. Similar price to suite levels in npb and with the free half board you have california grill, inventions and auberge included. No security in the morning and you are close enough to fall out of bed into emh then have breakfast at 10.

Tis what we are doing (surprise for our two also, we fly at 6AM morning after they break up so we will tell them at 2AM when we get them up... )
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
top_pull
I have Ears

Hiya
Sounds exciting. Pretty sure I'd get a smack in the nose by waking either of my girls up at 2am... Disney or not :-)

I did a lot of mulling on NPB vs DLH as we have fond memories of DLH.
Trouble is you don't get the VIP fastpasses unless you stay in the Castle Club. (Believe me I keep thinking about the £750 extra to stay there and think I should just do it). Elevator into Park, relaxed character breakfast, etc.

However, my thinking is that with the Eurostar times, we are losing a chunk of first and last day so we will probably maximise our parks time as opposed than chilling back at base.

Getting excited now... still ages though :-(
Thanks
Old 2 Dec 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
top_pull
I have Ears

Just back from a long-weekend in the cold. A great time it was too.
Just a few bullet-points if anyone is interested

The Good
* Lovely suite at NPB - in the octagonal tower.
* Nice touches in the room: chocolates | biscuits | champagne + 2 Soft Toy Sullies!
* VIP Fastpasses. Went on Space Mountain, Ratatouille, Buzz, lots
* Eurostar to the door makes it so easy.
* Parades and Xmas decorations are amazing... we did feel really Christmassy!
* Inventions - Both my girls got to "Belly Bump" with Mickey. Life can't get any better than that! ;-)

The Bad
* The Quick Service Food... service soooooo sloooooooow (25mins for Hotdog @ Casey's| 30mins at the Pizza Outpost)
* The walk to NPB... having only ever stayed in DLH, the 15mins walk in the cold made us feel 'out of the bubble' somewhat

The 'Meh'
* NPB - I didnt really get the sense of luxury. Beautiful on the outside. Just seemed a very busy hotel. It was rather cold so many people huddled indoors I guess.
* Compass Club. Food was nice enough, but the lounge is just a room off a main corridor. Not special enough to warrant the spend really IMHO
* Hollywood Studios. Not a lot there other than Ratatouille. I know in a few years it will be different!
* Hyperspace Mountain - The Star Wars theme felt very "stuck-on" to me. A bit like a fake moustache!

Conclusion
We spent the whole time pining for the private floor of The Castle Club. We really had great time I promise... but I guess we've spoiled ourselves previously and should have gone for it again. We did ask about availability at the last minute, but much of the floor had been booked out by a wedding party. (Bride was on balcony of Cinderella Suite and everyone cheered her as they exited after fireworks)

Will leave it a few years before going back. Still a happy place for me though!

Edited at 01:53 PM.
Old 2 Dec 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow, I could only dream of getting the Castle Club experience although I can see why when you've experienced that it's hard to stay anywhere else.

Sounds like you had a nice time though. You're definitely right about the "quick" service restaurants - they're the biggest issue with DLP at the moment and I can't see it getting any better in the near future.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List