Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Sep 19, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Absolutely agree - I didn’t go this year having read recent reviews. Any idea where the chef went to?
I believe he went to the Cali but don't take that as gospel as I could be wrong.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post

A link to my Morimoto review is here.. If I were on deluxe dining plan, I would not give a second thought about spending two credits at this venue, it is well worth it.

Having said that, I would go here for a regular anniversary, but if it were my 25th, say, I would choose somewhere smaller and more intimate. Yachtsman is a great choice for that. You would not get me back into the Flying Fish if you paid me, I doubt it will be knocked off the top spot of my worst ever dining experiences for a very long time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
A link to my Morimoto review is here.. If I were on deluxe dining plan, I would not give a second thought about spending two credits at this venue, it is well worth it.

Having said that, I would go here for a regular anniversary, but if it were my 25th, say, I would choose somewhere smaller and more intimate. Yachtsman is a great choice for that. You would not get me back into the Flying Fish if you paid me, I doubt it will be knocked off the top spot of my worst ever dining experiences for a very long time.
I'm catching up with your food report now... it looks like your trip is echoing ours so far. Clubhouse, UC flight, staying in CBR... I can't wait to read this!
sbchannel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I believe he went to the Cali but don't take that as gospel as I could be wrong.
We ate at the Cali two weeks ago and the food was back to its best - l had been seeing a few negative reviews creeping in last year. If he’s the new chef then that makes sense.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

on honeymoon this May we did

Jiko- our wedding meal, absolutely beautiful, highly recommend the Cocoa crusted Bison if they still do it

Narcoosees- lovely food, the Almond Cheesecake is probably one of the best Disney desserts, really enjoyed watching the fireworks

Cali Grill Brunch- outstanding, so much delicious food and drink with lovely views, would do this every trip

Cali Grill Dinner- least favourite, it was ok food but the service was poor, got our entrees just before the fireworks were due to start

Yachtsman Steakhouse- probably our favourite, gorgeous food and location, more intimate than the other places, the best bread at Disney with the onion rolls

Le Cellier- another one we loved, the Chateubriand for two was perfect, delicious Maple Crème Brulee, good bread service with the pretzel rolls

All the signatures gave us a glass of champagne so it's worth mentioning your anniversary

We also did Victoria and Albert's if you wanted to push the boat out- absolutely amazing experience, I did a review in my Food Report

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List