Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Sep 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Well said 😊 I have also noticed this lately. As someone with dyslexia, I personally feel sorry for those that have resorted to give low blows.

Your right thought those comments did give me a confidence wobble and I wasn't involved.
Minnie, I would never know from any of your posts that you had dyslexia! They are always clear and well written.
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

I am doing a trip report at the moment and when I go back and read it there are some awful errors so if I spot them I have to go back and correct them but some still slip through the net.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
Minnie, I would never know from any of your posts that you had dyslexia! They are always clear and well written.
Aww thanks so much thats made my day 💖
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I'm going to say it and my view is the 'Political Posts' have a lot to answer for ref things becoming aggressive.

They go round and round in circles. Nobody ever gets to a conclusion. There are links to old articles that are from websites that give me little confidence and I just wonder what use they serve.

People on here will note I rarely bother with posts like this nowadays.

Now give me a good old 'do I padlock my suitcase' thread and that's good fun.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I have dyslexia and it shows at times especially if I'm tired
Yes I've written a good few howlers in my time prim example in a first aid exam added an e to rap as I knew it had 4 letters
My lot get many a laugh at me and DS3s take on life with our spelling
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

My posts are often too long and word-y ! I think it’s because I try to cram as much info as poss into them.

I’m going to try being brief. 😱
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

The DIBB (IMHO) is meant to be enjoyable for all who partake, whilst sharing viewpoints and giving others advice and assistance where appropriate.

We all have different views (and articulate those views in different ways) . Not everybody is necessarily a grammar and punctuation giant, myself included.

Some have made the DIBB a less enjoyable and inclusive experience in recent years and it is a shame. I wish that people would consider more on occasion before posting.

I am glad that this post was started.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Something that disappoints me is in serious debates such as Brexit or Thomas Cook, some comments are very dismissive, very curt wording.

unless correcting published facts, any comments are personal opinion and are worth no more than the next person’s.

It would be less harsh if prefaced with “in my opinion” or similar.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am glad you wrote this Yorkshire T, it’s something on here I hate. Why belittle anyone is beyond me, my spelling isn’t the best but thank heavens for spell check. By writing on here it helps us to improve I think, one of people’s hates is bad grammar when there’s lots of worse things to worry about.
Old 20 Sep 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I notice that plenty of effort has been placed into spelling, grammar and punctuation on this fred.

😳

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread