Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Aug 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gortyboyz
I have Ears

Really confused with what tickets to buy

We are out in September 2018

Banging my head trying to figure out the tickets.

We have secured Discovery Cove with Dolphin Swim already.

I was looking and saw a Combo lite tickets option on ATD and FloridaTix (well I am sure I saw it) where you got 14days access to Universal and 2 days to Disney. I can't find this type of offer anywhere now :-(

We are out for 14 days, one day allocated to Discovery Cove and we have Seaworld and Aquatica included in that so 3 days sorted. Kids most interested in UNiversal but want to sample disney. Can one of you kind experts suggest the most economical and sensible way to approach? I guess we are looking to fill around 7-8 more days than we have allocated already

Many many thanks in advance
Gortyboyz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gortyboyz View Post
We are out in September 2018

Banging my head trying to figure out the tickets.

We have secured Discovery Cove with Dolphin Swim already.

I was looking and saw a Combo lite tickets option on ATD and FloridaTix (well I am sure I saw it) where you got 14days access to Universal and 2 days to Disney. I can't find this type of offer anywhere now :-(

We are out for 14 days, one day allocated to Discovery Cove and we have Seaworld and Aquatica included in that so 3 days sorted. Kids most interested in UNiversal but want to sample disney. Can one of you kind experts suggest the most economical and sensible way to approach? I guess we are looking to fill around 7-8 more days than we have allocated already

Many many thanks in advance
I know in your post you mentioned 2 days at Disney, but will you want to park hop or visit a water park?

With Universal can you give us some idea of how many days you want to visit, will you want to ride the Hogwarts Express or park hop, and will you want to visit Volcano Bay.

If you can give us some idea we can try and give you the best options.
Old 9 Aug 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Personally I would do a rough itinerary first and from that it's easier to decide what tickets you need.

As previously mentioned do you want to park hop at Disney to see more parks
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gortyboyz
I have Ears

Mobile

I would expect that we would want to cover th 3 universal parks over a 4-5 period so Disney for 2 days, with the option to hop would be good but we would also be happy to pick 2 Disney parks, one day each as well
Old 9 Aug 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

For Universal I would think the 14 day park to park ticket is best ...3 park if you plan on doing Volcano Bay.

As for Disney then it's a 2 day Magic your way base ticket... if you want to park hop then look at the hopper version
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gortyboyz
I have Ears

Mobile

Thanks for that!

Where would you suggest getting the 2 day from please?
Old 9 Aug 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

I agree with coggie the Universal 3 park Explorer ticket and a Disney 2 day ticket is your best option.

The cheapest place that I can see to to buy the Universal 3 Park Explorer ticket is travelrepublic.co.uk, £238 adult, £231 child.

For the Disney 2 day ticket I think the cheapest is from the US Disney site.

To get on the US site go on the link below, at the top of the page you will see UK & Ireland (English), click on this and change it to United States (English). Hopefully you can now access the tickets, but it can be a bit hit and miss when trying to buy them as it sometimes directs you back to the UK site.

disneyworld.disney.go/en_GB/

Also have a look on undercovertourist or orlandoattractions.com to compare prices. Link below for orlandoattractions.com.

orlandoattractions/t.../2-day-tickets

Edited at 03:46 AM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List