Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Jul 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RJGrice1983 View Post
Hi guys. Can someone confirm something for me please.

We are going back to disneyworld next year on the dining plan but my child will have turn 10 so is now an adult!

My question is, if we attend a 2 service credit meal can we pay out of pocket for her to have a kids meals and not waste 2 table service credits?
Yes you can. The only places you can't pay for a child's meal is at buffets, character meals and dinner shows.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 18, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
RJGrice1983
Getting Excited

:)

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Yes you can. The only places you can't pay for a child's meal is at buffets, character meals and dinner shows.
Many thanks.
RJGrice1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Shipdog
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Hello. Sorry if this has already been asked on here- if you’re on DDP do u pre-book every single TS meal? Or is it easy to walk in some places without a reservation? I’d like to plan some character meals etc but don’t want to be held down to a strict schedule when plans change. It’s our first time in 20 years and we’ve never stayed on site or had a DDP before. Thanks x
Shipdog is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Shipdog View Post
Hello. Sorry if this has already been asked on here- if you’re on DDP do u pre-book every single TS meal? Or is it easy to walk in some places without a reservation? I’d like to plan some character meals etc but don’t want to be held down to a strict schedule when plans change. It’s our first time in 20 years and we’ve never stayed on site or had a DDP before. Thanks x
You don’t have to book every meal but you have to be flexible if you don’t. Have a browse on the Disney site of what’s available tonight and tomorrow morning to give yourself an idea of what could be available. People change plans all the time so often you get slots popping up the day before. I wouldn’t ever just walk up though. You could waste a lot of time wandering around or waiting for a table. I would always check the app for a slot first. Last year we decided last minute we wanted a sit down breakfast in AK and got a Tusker House ADR for a short while later.

All that said, I would book your “must do” restaurants in advance to save disappointment.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mama267
VIP Dibber

Child under 3

Can any one let me know can we give our grandson some of our food or do we ha e to buy him a meal we will be on the Disney plan with table and aa quick service thanks in advance
Sarah
nov 2005 bestwestern lakeside
0ct 2007 sheraton vistana resorts
nov 2009 polynesian isles resorts 2 nights in RPR too
Nov 2017 Marriott Grande Vista Resort Orlando
Nov 2017 Universal royal Pacific Resort
Nov 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge
mama267 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by mama267 View Post
Can any one let me know can we give our grandson some of our food or do we ha e to buy him a meal we will be on the Disney plan with table and aa quick service thanks in advance
Sarah
Either is ok. You can give him something from your plate or buy something.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shipdog View Post
The resort restaurants are very easy to reserve on the day - apart from Ohana and California Grill and maybe Yachtsman. For the parks, only a few must absolutely be booked in advance, like Be Our Guest, CRT, Le Cellier, Sci Fi Dining, Yak and Yeti for instance.
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Dog
Trying for More Ears

If a menu has an 'enhancements' section can you pick one of these dishes with your entree using TS credit or would they be additional charge?
Slinky Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Slinky Dog View Post
If a menu has an 'enhancements' section can you pick one of these dishes with your entree using TS credit or would they be additional charge?
These are generally charged as extras. They’re either side orders or you can add it with an additional charge. For example, you may get steak but have the option to add a lobster tail for $XX. I can’t think of anywhere that includes “enhancements” as part of your order. There are also dishes that you can have as an entree at an additional cost. Here’s an example from the Yachtsman menu:

It’s a bit blurred as I zoomed in but it says the Wagyu beef is $145 but on DDP costs an additional $98.

Edited at 02:52 PM.
Old 16 Aug 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Dog
Trying for More Ears

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up. So is it usually an Entree or Main with a dessert you're allowed with a TS credit?
Slinky Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List