Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Jun 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Food - Virgin Flight June?

Can anyone tell me if the menu for Economy will have changed for June? Is there anywhere I can view it - saw last months but have fussy eaters so am wondering if any changes. Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
MissDisneylover
Excited about Disney

MissDisneylover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Yo can't view the menu but it's usually similar stuff. There's always Bread, crackers and small snacks like that (and the fab ice lolly towards the end.)
Old 1 Jun 17, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

If i remember rightly, you get 3 choices.
1 being meatballs, 1 beef and a chicken, plus a vege choice.
Then you also get a snack box with crisps, chocolate and a sandwich in later in the flight.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wendiandco View Post
Can anyone tell me if the menu for Economy will have changed for June? Is there anywhere I can view it - saw last months but have fussy eaters so am wondering if any changes. Thanks
Hi Wendy - VA advised the UC menu changes month to month, not sure if they do the same with PE and economy tho. As leighcat said, it's usually standard fare of chicken, beef and a veggie option.
Old 2 Jun 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU68
Very Serious Dibber

I flew couple weeks ago and choices were Chicken Curry,Meatball pasta and the veggie option. Afternoon tea was cheese and chutney sandwiches. Flying back was again Chicken Curry or Beef Bourginion
LOU68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

We found the meals out were great but the meal back was tastless. I would eat before boarding and take snacks with you .The breakfast was melon,blueberry yogurt and micowaved pain au chocolat-yuck !
Old 2 Jun 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Yep, the good old, staple chicken curry. Ideal for IBS sufferers on a long-haul flight ... Guess it's a Boots meal deal for me again.
Old 2 Jun 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Whilst hoping not, if the food on VS76 on 19th May is becoming the norm from VA's US caterer's then we'll be taking sandwiches aboard. All UC offerings were dire, beef as tough as a boot, breakfast bad too. I'm not convinced the ovens were hot enough as all food was luke warm and inedible, same for the coffee, which was served with a dash of already added milk, no offer of sugar, shockingly bad, excessively strong, barely warm and undrinkable. I've never experienced such bad VA offerings, irrespective of cabin class.
Old 2 Jun 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Whilst hoping not, if the food on VS76 on 19th May is becoming the norm from VA's US caterer's then we'll be taking sandwiches aboard. All UC offerings were dire, beef as tough as a boot, breakfast bad too. I'm not convinced the ovens were hot enough as all food was luke warm and inedible, same for the coffee, which was served with a dash of already added milk, no offer of sugar, shockingly bad, excessively strong, barely warm and undrinkable. I've never experienced such bad VA offerings, irrespective of cabin class.
Hi Chris,

We're flying Upper Class in August and there was me thinking that the food would be semi-decent!

Now I'm not so sure!

Were the food offerings okay from the UK to the US, and its only the return leg I need to bring snacks?

At least they can't mess up the booze - or can they?

Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
Hi Chris,

We're flying Upper Class in August and there was me thinking that the food would be semi-decent!

Now I'm not so sure!

Were the food offerings okay from the UK to the US, and its only the return leg I need to bring snacks?

At least they can't mess up the booze - or can they?

Thanks
Fiona, the food when we flew out in November was really very nice. Had some delish starter; chicken satay with peanut sauce, yummy! Be aware they've stopped the afternoon tea as it used to be, now they give you a pack of sandwiches and couple of cakes on a plate, unfortunately the sarny's weren't to our taste, but having had a nice lunch we weren't bothered. Plus there's always fresh fruit on the bar.

The 'issue' seems to be US to UK. Mr Tom Morrow returned the day after us and he too encountered dire food. It's actually the first time we've ever encountered inedible food on VA irrespective of cabin class. With hindsight it 'felt' as if the whole food service was gearing up to be dire, perhaps because it was not hot - hubs bacon butty was stodgy, the bacon barely warm. The lovely crew lass and I did chuckle, she came towards me and I held up my piece of beef on my fork, the bloke in the seat behind hubs started to laugh and mimicked trying to cut his. Unfortunately as we were the last to be fed by the time our food was removed there was nothing left! It seems most/all who had the beef had returned it - the crew lass admitted they'd tried to cut it in the galley and couldn't I had Rice Crispies for breakfast, try to mess that one up I thought

We rarely drink but likely the booze will still be okay... hic

VA advised they change the menu on a monthly basis - apparently it lets them know what people enjoy. If I were flying in August perhaps ask other Dibbers for their input on UC US to UK, depending on feedback you may want to take a Subway, or two, onboard.

As for the comfort of UC, it's wonderful Fiona, so comfy with 22" of width in their seats. I hope you thoroughly enjoy the flights and have a smashing holiday