Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jul 17, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Best Place to book Airport Lounge

any ideas on the best place to book Escape Lounge Manchester T3?

Anyone got a discount site/code etc?
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
eddiehead
Excited about Disney

eddiehead's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Normally find holiday extras have the best price
eddiehead is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
pigletliz
Imagineer

This link should get you 10% off. It's from an email I had yesterday: book.manchesterairport/...Y00000JtR9tQAF
Old 4 Jul 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pigletliz View Post
This link should get you 10% off. It's from an email I had yesterday: book.manchesterairport/...Y00000JtR9tQAF
Thank you. Better saving than I could find.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Would agree about Holiday Extras but if you enter "Manchester Airport Escape Lounge" into a search engine, you'll find other offers at much the same price.

Having used an Escape Lounge in MAN recently, I'd question the value for money. Today's cost is about £20 per person and for that the only breakfast snack we were offered was a sausage or bacon roll. Tea, coffee and fruit juices were available and at 10am the food items changed to fancy cakes and biscuits. I didn't notice any alcohol but I wasn't looking for any. There was seating for everyone but surprisingly, no toilets in the lounge - we had to go along a corridor to find them.

I'd not use an Escape Lounge again if I had to pay for it, it's simply not worth it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TerryAFS View Post
Would agree about Holiday Extras but if you enter "Manchester Airport Escape Lounge" into a search engine, you'll find other offers at much the same price.

Having used an Escape Lounge in MAN recently, I'd question the value for money. Today's cost is about £20 per person and for that the only breakfast snack we were offered was a sausage or bacon roll. Tea, coffee and fruit juices were available and at 10am the food items changed to fancy cakes and biscuits. I didn't notice any alcohol but I wasn't looking for any. There was seating for everyone but surprisingly, no toilets in the lounge - we had to go along a corridor to find them.

I'd not use an Escape Lounge again if I had to pay for it, it's simply not worth it.
Its going to be £122 for 6 of us. Should I not bother?
Old 4 Jul 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
I_Am_Groot
Proud to wear my Ears

I was looking at booking a Lounge also, not too sure now.
Old 4 Jul 17, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

If you have an Amex gold card you get 2 free lounge passes to use and you can use them at the escape lounge in T3 but I don't think you can pre-book if your using them, just turn up on the day and see if there is any space.
Old 4 Jul 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by markpwa8 View Post
Its going to be £122 for 6 of us. Should I not bother?
Only you can decide. Many choose the lounges for a 'bolt hole' as they believe that the airport will be crowded and noisy. I've been flying through MAN for over 40 years now and apart from a winter problem with snow and another with an industrial dispute, I've never seen serious overcrowding. It's always busy though but that's airports for you. I've always managed to find a quieter corner.

As for catering, it's not cheap but I've never had to pay anywhere near £20 a head and for that I've had breakfast,coffee etc.
Old 4 Jul 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
If you have an Amex gold card you get 2 free lounge passes to use and you can use them at the escape lounge in T3 but I don't think you can pre-book if your using them, just turn up on the day and see if there is any space.
Last time I used an Escape Lounge (T2) they were turning people away who turned up on spec. That was about 9am on a Wednesday.