Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 17, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Benefits of booking early?

Hi
I am looking for any opinions as to the benefits of booking early?

I have had quotes from Charter and Ocean Florida for August 2018, 2 weeks staying offsite in a villa.
Neither really match up to what we can book DIY, plus the flights are indirect.

As we aren't staying onsite next year (OKW in just under 7 weeks ) is there really any benefit to booking now, rather than waiting until the flights go on general release in Sept/Oct time?
Am I missing something? I get that if you are onsite, the DDP and $200 gift card are worth grabbing, but I just can't see the benefits if offsite -
any opinions?

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Why not get your villa booked now, whilst their is a lot of choice, then constantly check for your flights, BA have their sale winter time and many dibbers got fantastic bargains for this years flights, plus fly-drives. We missed the BA sale but bought our tickets on a BA code share special deal with AA, indirect which we don't mind, as it breaks up the journey, we go through customs, and when we arrive in Orlando get the car and go.
We got our WDW and Universal tickets when a 25% deal was on offer and saved almost £700. I suppose it all boils down to how much you are prepared to pay, if you've got a budget stick to it, and you will get the flights you want. Good Luck
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekytink View Post
Hi
I am looking for any opinions as to the benefits of booking early?

I have had quotes from Charter and Ocean Florida for August 2018, 2 weeks staying offsite in a villa.
Neither really match up to what we can book DIY, plus the flights are indirect.

As we aren't staying onsite next year (OKW in just under 7 weeks ) is there really any benefit to booking now, rather than waiting until the flights go on general release in Sept/Oct time?
Am I missing something? I get that if you are onsite, the DDP and $200 gift card are worth grabbing, but I just can't see the benefits if offsite -
any opinions?
I'm in a similar quandary cheekytink.

I'm looking to go DIY, last two weeks in August. Direct flights with Thomas Cook and Thomson are on sale now, but Thomas Cook are £800 and Thomson are closer to £1k
I'm trying to work out if the Thomas Cook price will come down once Virgin release their flights, or is £800 a realistic price for a direct flight in August
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

We paid for 5 adults indirect London Heathrow to Daytona (about 1 1/2 hr drive to our thousand oaks villa) £3250 this includes an intermediate SUV. My budget was £500/£550 for flights, so kept looking till a deal came up. It can be done. I would never pay much above this price for our flights.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
We paid for 5 adults indirect London Heathrow to Daytona (about 1 1/2 hr drive to our thousand oaks villa) £3250 this includes an intermediate SUV. My budget was £500/£550 for flights, so kept looking till a deal came up. It can be done. I would never pay much above this price for our flights.
Thanks patjeff, I'm near Manchester so even going via London makes it indirect.
3 kids as well so would prefer the direct option, although I'm aware it will come at a cost. Just not sure to 'stick or twist' on the £800 with TC!
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

If you are willing to hold your nerve and travel then Im sure you will get cheaper flights than that. We just booked a last min week on site with Thomson from glasgow (direct flights) departing 14th August for £800 each (flight and all star sports) have a look at whats on offer now to give you an idea of flight prices for this time next year?

I generally like to book early to give me peace of mind but i dont think there is any advantages to booking your type of holiday early other than choice (villa, seats on plane etc)
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
Daytona Beach is a really nice small airport, just over an hour to LBV.

Whilst coming in, you obviously do immigration on arrival, on departure, we were just about the only aircraft being processed. It was unhurried and frankly, awesome by airport standards.

If you haven't been before, DB is also a really interesting place to spend your last day.

When I return, DB will be very high up our list for departure and or arrival. Lovely feel to the airport!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I like to book early... I have booked my September 2018 holiday. In January I booked a flight and universal,accommodation with VH and my Disney acomodation, direct. I pay off as and when I have some spare cash. I like to book it in advance so I have more time to pay and I no what the total, cost is.
Old 5 Jul 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Very few benefits in booking early. Good for the travel companies though who are happy to offload flights at £1k
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would deff book DIY
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List