Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Dec 17, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

We’ve been four times and never been to Disney . It just doesn’t appeal to us. We love universal and do lots of half days (early morning until around 1pm).

We also enjoy sea world and discovery cove,

Have you thought about adding on a cruise? We’ve done a week and a week a few times and would happily do that again although my first choice would be Vegas for a week and then a week in Orlando or a cruise . Need to w8n the lottery!
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Universal plus cheaper cruise (not Disney) sounds perfect for a adults only escape !
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would go in May and do Universal and DC/Seaworld/Aquatica
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

The op does mention universal 6 park ticket so I assume means us/ioa/volcano bay/aquatica/seaworld/Busch.sounds like plenty for 10 days.id probably go for may as I like the heat and Nov can be a little cooler
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
The op does mention universal 6 park ticket so I assume means us/ioa/volcano bay/aquatica/seaworld/Busch.sounds like plenty for 10 days.id probably go for may as I like the heat and Nov can be a little cooler
Thank you all for your replies you're helping so much.

Yes as nadya says I was looking at getting the 6 park ticket so does that change some of your replies / opinions?

The horror nights sound good but I think I want the heat more!
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Starlet
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
Apart from Peter Pan, a ride that can only be described as "horrific".
Haha this made me laugh so much. I made the mistake of wasting a fast pass on it. Imagine the grief I got.
Starlet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Starlet View Post
Thank you all for your replies you're helping so much.

Yes as nadya says I was looking at getting the 6 park ticket so does that change some of your replies / opinions?

The horror nights sound good but I think I want the heat more!
Oh you will still get the heat. When we went last year we were still getting mid to late 20’s at the end of October.
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

With shopping days and at least a day at each of the 6 parks you will find yourselves having a great time and not running out of things to do. Yes Universal is smaller than disney but the HP bits especially are very well themed and you can easily spend extra time wandering and doing things at a more relaxed pace if there are just the two of you. I am not a fan of the mid-summer heat in florida but if you leave it too late the sun is not guaranteed and you can get some grey and much cooler days so if the weather is a deciding factor then May is more certain of sunshine than November.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mancity5
Proud to wear my Ears

We haven't done the Disney side for the last 6 visits and don't intend doing again in the near future. We do the Universal side every time though. Halloween time is the best.
mancity5 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post

I've been twice, once as. 21-year-old with a friend, again as a 26yo with the same friend and I'm going again next year with my other half (let's forgo how many years I'm carrying now!). No kids, we have never done Disney and don't intend to (unless as a day trip if we can afford to at the end of the holiday).

Universal can take 2 days if you take your time exploring - we spent a day at each park just taking it easy. It's also worth adding Busch Gardens and Seaworld to your list and also taking the time to do other things that you may have overlooked when travelling with kids. We filled our off days with things like Wonderworks, shopping, water parks, adventure golf, etc. It helped make the holiday more relaxing, which can be difficult for an Orlando holiday!

I'd also vouch for mid-May! It's less humid than June and the parks were a bit quieter too.

Edit: just saw the post about the 6-park including BG/SW etc. In that case that's plenty to fill your time there with a few extras/chill days

Edited at 08:58 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List