Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 18 Dec 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
magic moments
Apprentice Imagineer

Vegetarian Christmas dinner

DSIL is a vegetarian and will be with us for Christmas lunch. She loves cheese but dislikes mushrooms. Any recommendations on what I can buy her other than the usual nut roast or quorn turkey roast?
magic moments is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Deggs
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I came across an M&S nut roast last year and it was reet gorgeous. So this year I’ve ordered from them a roasted parsnip, Camembert, and chestnut pithivier (pie in other words!).

Deggs x
Deggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

DD is veggie and just picked up packs of frozen beetroot and camembert roasts, butternut squash roulade and red cabbage roulade from Aldi. Good prices and can keep in the freezer ready to cook for her. They look really nice and thats from a meat eater!
Old 19 Dec 17, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bevawelly
Excited about Disney

I have been veggie for many years and have always been more than happy to have all the veg, spuds, yorkshire puds etc etc without feeling the need to have a "meat subsitutute" as such. Let's face it, no-one is going to go hungry on Christmas Day

I once spent Christmas with some relatives who I won't name and watched bowl after bowl of the most amazing looking parsnips, yorkshire puddings, honey roast carrots etc etc being placed on the table - I was really looking forward to eating it. Then I was told - here's your dinner and was handed a vegetarian curry, straight out of the microwave, in a plastic tray.

I nearly cried lol!
Bevawelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
magic moments
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks all for your suggestions. I think DSIL would like the M & S parsnip and camembert dish.
magic moments is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List