Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 5 Apr 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I am a verrrrry novice runner (currently on week 3 of the Couch to 10K app ) but it's my absolute dream to do some Run Disney races at some point.

Very jealous of all of those with plans (and the ability to run further than a mile in one go, tbh!)
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
I am a verrrrry novice runner (currently on week 3 of the Couch to 10K app ) but it's my absolute dream to do some Run Disney races at some point.

Very jealous of all of those with plans (and the ability to run further than a mile in one go, tbh!)
i started with that
and im back to the beginning again after near on a year doing nothign due to an injured foot, i hurt it in the dark side half,
so you arnt alone,

Im hoping to say hi to some dibber at the wine and dine as Ill be on my own for the races while my husband watches our kids back at the villa its a lonely thing sometimes
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went out for a run earlier and as I was walking back after I was just thinking that there was a lack of a running social group on the Dibb! Thanks for setting up

I'm currently trying to get back into the groove of running, having not run for about 2 months (too busy with work). Right now I can do a 5k at a fairly slow pace, trying to work my way up to a 10k now and then hopefully back to being able to jog a full half at some point. But I'm also trying to alternate days of longer slower runs with days of shorter faster runs to try and up my speed a little bit...

If I manage to get annual leave I might sign up for the Wine and Dine challenge (if there are still any spots left!), but won't know for a few more months if I'll get my annual leave unfortunately!
Old 5 Apr 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
diby5
Imagineer

Bib Only sales for DLP run weekend go on sale 17th April

1997 Orange Lake Country Club, 1999 CBR, 2000 Grosvenor/Sandals Royal Bahamian, 2002/3 Wyndham Palace, 2004 ASMo, 2007 POFQ, 2009 CSR, 2010 BC (Disney Wedding), 2011 BWI, 2012 BC, 2013 Poly, January 2015 OKW, November 2015 BC/HoJo Anaheim/Casablanca NYC, 2016 Palm Pavilion Clearwater/AKL, 2019 POR, 2022/3 BC, 2024 YC
diby5 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 18, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Fillmore10
Proud to wear my Ears

DisneyDreamer81, we all start somewhere and the good thing about running is that if you put in the miles you will see improvement so keep up the good work. Plenty of experience and advice on here if you need it

Great that we have a new place to post and some new faces and some older faces too from the old threads
Fillmore10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
And Dopey 2020 too right...? Or was it 2021 lol
2021 - to tie in with WDW 50th year, I'm kinda hoping any special celebrations will be in the park from the Jan.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by diby5 View Post
Bib Only sales for DLP run weekend go on sale 17th April
Loved the DLP event last year. I can't do it this year as have a friend from NZ staying and we are off to Portugal.
Maybe 2019?
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
i started with that
and im back to the beginning again after near on a year doing nothign due to an injured foot, i hurt it in the dark side half,
so you arnt alone,

Im hoping to say hi to some dibber at the wine and dine as Ill be on my own for the races while my husband watches our kids back at the villa its a lonely thing sometimes
Thankyou! I'm really enjoying it so far. Well, I enjoy the feeling afterwards

Originally Posted by Fillmore10 View Post
DisneyDreamer81, we all start somewhere and the good thing about running is that if you put in the miles you will see improvement so keep up the good work. Plenty of experience and advice on here if you need it

Great that we have a new place to post and some new faces and some older faces too from the old threads
Thankyou! I already feel like I've improved quite a bit. Although I do still feel like my lungs are going to explode at points
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
4andcounting
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So run Disney have announced that registration will not open for Dopey next week, there will be further information regarding registration at beginning of June 😭😭😭😭
Desperate to get registered and get rid of the money (if you know what I mean)!
On the plus side I will have an active AP by then, but will now have to stalk the internet/social media while in holiday.
Just want to know i’m Registered and it’s all sorted!
4andcounting is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparklebeam
Earning My Ears

I’m currently on week 4 of couch to 5k, and finding it quite hard. Just wanted to ask the advice of anyone who has done the Disneyland Paris 5k and 10k. How long do u have to complete the course and can u stop and walk some of it? I’m thinking the 10k will be too much for me even with it being a few months away, but the 5k might be ok.