Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 23 Jul 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I still can't decide if he was guilty or not, found him a little to smarmy to be honest. Only in the last episode was anything mentioned about strangulation unless I missed something. At that point felt he must have done it but then I'm still not sure. This is why I hope I never get picked for jury duty 😮
I feel exactly the same , I kept changing my mind . I felt he had a great relationship with his family and they were in no doubt about his innocence , it almost seemed too good to be true the relationship he had with his wife considering his bisexual activity , he is either a good actor or he genuinely adored his wife , why would he suddenly murder her ?
I think he is innocent BUT I just don't understand how those injuries she had could have been caused by a fall and the coincidence of the other woman in Germany ? I just want to watch one of these where there is a 100% conclusion but I guess that would only be if they actually admitted to it .
I watched a two parter ( 2 one hour long episodes ) of Convicted , murder in Suburbia , it's on BBC I player it's about the disappearance of a woman in Swindon in 2002 , her husband was charged with her murder and has served 14 years in prison , the justice team took his case on last year to try and prove his innocence , it's intriguing , worth a watch if you enjoy these sort of programmes .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

I just don’t know what to think either. I agree, seeing his family standing by him made me feel he must be innocent but then Kathleens family didn’t, quite the contrary. The lack of any plausible explanation as to what could have happened if he didn’t murder her, is very frustrating. I think what goes against him is the facade he created of the loving marriage, then the reality of his infidelities. This of course doesn’t mean he killed her, but it does damage his believability on the whole. I just don’t know, something doesn’t sit right with him but then I found myself feeling sorry for him and rooting for him.

*by accident I caught the last few episodes of The Jinx last week, wow what a story. I’ve seen it already but was reminded how excellent this documentary is. Anyone interested should find the film ‘All good things’ starring Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Durst and then watch The Jinx.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Edited at 09:34 AM.
Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We finished this a couple of weeks ago, I have to say I was convinced of his guilt. Of course it was all a bit dodgy evidence wise, but I can't see how falling down the stairs inflicted those injuries.

Although we did watch the short Owl Theory clip which was amazingly ridiculous

If you're looking for something new now, try Manhunt Unabomber. Saw that before the staircase and it was so good.

Edited at 10:48 PM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

A lot of people say the Owl Theory is ridiculous - can someone explain to me why?

Owls do attack people occasionally.

There were no skull fractures. It must be very difficult to cause those scalp injuries by beating someone with a long object ... yet cause no damage to the skull or brain.

Head injuries can produce a lot of blood. Surely it's possible that she was bleeding from the owl attack, finding it hard to see with blood in her eyes, panicking and confused, and slipped on her own blood?

If so, why was she trying to go upstairs? She must have been trying to get help. Where was the phone?
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post
A lot of people say the Owl Theory is ridiculous - can someone explain to me why?

Owls do attack people occasionally.

There were no skull fractures. It must be very difficult to cause those scalp injuries by beating someone with a long object ... yet cause no damage to the skull or brain.

Head injuries can produce a lot of blood. Surely it's possible that she was bleeding from the owl attack, finding it hard to see with blood in her eyes, panicking and confused, and slipped on her own blood?

If so, why was she trying to go upstairs? She must have been trying to get help. Where was the phone?
I guess the problem with the owl theory is that there was only 2 feathers found- if you were fighting off an owl there would be a lot more! There was no defensive scratches on her hands but there was signs of strangulation (Although they only threw in the strangulation thing last minute!)

The phone was downstairs- he uses it to call the police when he reports his wife has fallen down the stairs.

I'd find it very unlikley that if she was attacked by an owl outside she'd try to go upstairs rather than head back to the pool area to get help from her husband!

Edited at 12:51 PM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 18, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I guess the problem with the owl theory is that there was only 2 feathers found- if you were fighting off an owl there would be a lot more! There was no defensive scratches on her hands but there was signs of strangulation (Although they only threw in the strangulation thing last minute!)

The phone was downstairs- he uses it to call the police when he reports his wife has fallen down the stairs.

I'd fsind it very unlikley that if she was attacked by an owl outside she'd try to go upstairs rather than head back to the pool area to get help from her husband!
It's mind boggling , you can kind of go for the owl theory but the owl would have had to have flown into the house the moment she was coming down the stairs , she had been upstairs working on her computer, it's fees able that she was walking downstairs when the owl attacked her but surely to god he would have heard the commotion .
You should watch the YouTube clip , Forensic Files A Novel Idea . After watching that I really don't know what to think , the strangulation thing came up and yet that was never brought up during the trial . I just want to know if he did it or not , brilliant documentary but not knowing is so frustrating .
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post

After reading this thread I think we will have to give this a watch
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Quite late to this one but I just finished this yesterday. It's really hard to make a decision on this one. I do think the documentary was very very one-sided and I also noticed how they never mention anything about strangulation until the very last episode and that was very much brushed over. The passion that Kathleen's sister shows really puts doubt in my mind. I also felt having thought initially that David rudolf was some kind of super lawyer he actually came across as quite incompetent in certain areas.I have started to read a book I found on the internet but reviews say this is quite one-sided the opposite way. Maybe I will get a balanced opinion! Having said that I can already see lots that the documentary didn't mention with the initial start of the investigation. They don't mention his son Todd very much whereas the beginning of this book I'm reading he is mentioned more for lot in prominently. I've also read the owl theory. Not for me that idea!

Edited at 09:32 AM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

I gave up a number of episodes in as it was very slow. I couldn't get over the fact that both women had similar injuries which made me feel he was guilty.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shona View Post
I gave up a number of episodes in as it was very slow. I couldn't get over the fact that both women had similar injuries which made me feel he was guilty.
It was kind of dragged out! I felt like that about the 2nd series of Making a Murderer too... couldn't sit through another 20 minute debate about blood splatter!

Try The Keepers on Netflix instead, at first it seems like it will be dragged out but its not.