Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 11 Jul 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Hard rock hotel smell

I work as a dentist and so get pretty close up to people, 3 times I’ve had the same patient in and literally if I closed my eyes I could have been in HRH due to the smell. I asked (didn’t tell her I thought she smelt like a hotel!) what her perfume was and it was Tom Ford Black Orchid. Does anyone know if this could be the smell of HRH? I wondered if perhaps he had done some smellies for them.
To be honest I don’t want to smell like the HRH so won’t be buying the perfume but would love my house to smell like it if you can buy candles.
I’m hoping someone may have a link to a site as I’m sure I’ve seen candles before for beach club etc.
Old 12 Jul 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Oooh will check out Tom Ford Black Orchid.

I absolutely adore the scent of the Hard Rock Hotel lobby! Much to my OH's annoyance I used to comment on it every time we'd walk through.

I have done a bit of research into what it was in the past & found out it's actually a custom scent created for them by a professional scent company (who do work for lots of big name hotel chains & companies).

scentairmena/hardrock.html

Hard Rock Hotel

Challenge:
The Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando Resort is a laid back luxury hotel that allows guests to vacation like a rock star. A 12,000 square foot pool with sandy beach and underwater audio system sits outside the main lobby. Nationally acclaimed restaurants, lounges and an Emack and Bolio ice cream shop serving musically-inspired ice cream offer guests the ultimate get-away. Unfortunately the Emack and Bolio ice cream shop was often overlooked since it was downstairs in the basement. Hard Rock wanted a creative way to draw guests down to the treats awaiting them.

Solution:
ScentAir MENA positioned the sweet aroma of Sugar Cookie at the top of the stairs and Waffle Cone at the bottom. The scents act as aroma billboards to draw guests downstairs to the ice cream shop. Hard Rock also added the clean, fresh scent of Ocean to the main lobby. Now guests can imagine checking into a seaside resort. A rockin' day at the pool followed by refreshing ice cream never smelled so good.

I had no idea before this that they pumped in a sugary waffle cone smell in & will definitely look out for it next time.

The closest scent replica I have found to the lobby scent was in a Yankee Candle I picked up at the Orlando outlets - Sea salt & white sage.

Both OH & I agreed it was very close. The only problem was after the initial first few sniffs, it lost it's smell completely. Both lit & unlit.

Edited at 02:26 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

I’m sure they’d make a bomb selling candles of the scent in the gift shop!
Old 16 Jul 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I wear Tom Ford Black Orchid all the time but haven't been to HRH so can't compare. No one has mentioned to me that I smell like a hotel lobby yet though. Its bit of an expensive 'plug in' though at £120 a bottle!
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List