Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 15 Jul 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
We’ve had our Wickes kitchen for about 11 years. It’s not high gloss but it is shiny. There’s a few chips here and there but over the last month the door next to the oven had started to peel quite badly. Bit gutted as I don’t know if we can get the same doors now and not in a position to replace them all at the moment.
Ours is 12 years old now from Wickes, and it’s been brilliant, just two doors next to a heat source are peeling, apart from that it looks really good. Looks we can get away with just replacing the doors . 😉

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We currently have a gloss kitchen from Howdens. Think we had one chip in a door and one door that had the slow cooker by it bubbled. We're extending at the moment and were looking at Wickes but we're actually going with Benchmarx and it's a lot cheaper than the quote we had from Wickes. They're trade only but might be worth considering if you have a fitter with an account.
Old 15 Jul 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
We currently have a gloss kitchen from Howdens. Think we had one chip in a door and one door that had the slow cooker by it bubbled. We're extending at the moment and were looking at Wickes but we're actually going with Benchmarx and it's a lot cheaper than the quote we had from Wickes. They're trade only but might be worth considering if you have a fitter with an account.
Have you had that a long time ? I was reading about Bebchmarx they are Wickes trade I believe, I don’t think we have one around here but thank you.

BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mariechez View Post
Thanks, we are looking at the Sophia. What range did you get ?
Hi, I have the Sophia in Graphite.

Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Have you had that a long time ? I was reading about Bebchmarx they are Wickes trade I believe, I don’t think we have one around here but thank you.
Yes I believe it is the same stuff as Wickes. We've gone for the lighter grey which I think was pewter in Wickes. The Howdens kitchen we've had 12 years and will reuse a few bits of it in our new utility.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
Orlando 2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Hi, I have the Sophia in Graphite.

I love the graphite, they have that on show in store. Yours looks lovely, I can’t have that colour unfortunately. Thanks for sharing.

Old 15 Jul 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry to hear this, where was yours from. What’s happened ? Thanks
They’ve delaminated- we bought it from Naylor Myers (its a local builders merchants) I don’t know the make. To be fair I can’t fault Naylor Myers they have been great with us.
I think we are going to replace with either timber shaker or high gloss that is laquered
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Pete1
Getting Excited

Mobile

Where ever you get you kitchen from, make sure you use a high quality fitter. A good fitter can make a cheap kitchen look great. Where as a diy bodger can ruin a high quality kitchen.
Pete1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

There different types.
The cheaper ones are laminated. These can peel but shouldn't.
The next type are painted. Some are not painted well and can chip.
The most expensive type are lacquered, high quality multiple (high number of) coats. These can take some hammer, but can still chip, albeit it's not really visible, if your daughter slams the toaster plug into them hard multiple times when lifting the toaster onto the worktop... Like mine did. They are the only marks on mine, limited to one drawer and barely visible, in 3 years.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List