Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 21 Jul 18, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Fuming with Universal

We got offered a 30% discount on tickets by Universal due to an incident in the parks a couple of years ago.

I emailed them in February for our trip in August this year and they gave me a code to use. With the new price increases and the fact that they will only let me use the code on the gate( As opposed to buying online in the UK) it works out that my discount is in reality only 5%.

I've emailed them to highlight this but they don't want to know and will only let me use the code on the gate.

Any advice anyone?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by karlos View Post
We got offered a 30% discount on tickets by Universal due to an incident in the parks a couple of years ago.

I emailed them in February for our trip in August this year and they gave me a code to use. With the new price increases and the fact that they will only let me use the code on the gate( As opposed to buying online in the UK) it works out that my discount is in reality only 5%.

I've emailed them to highlight this but they don't want to know and will only let me use the code on the gate.

Any advice anyone?
That sucks! If I were you I would just grin and bear it and buy the tickets at the gate though, even if it is annoying. Still 30% off at the end of the day. But I understand how annoying it must be!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Still 30% off at the end of the day.
But it's not 30%, it's 5% off from when op emailed them in February.

I'd try escalating it to somebody higher up and explain how crazy it is for you to have a 30% discount downgraded to 5%, even though you had nominated your dates last February.

If it was bad enough a complaint to offer you 30% off, you deserve more than 5% now.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Could they give you 1 complimentary ticket instead of a discount if for example you are buying 3 tickets ? I’d escalate it as well. Let us know how you get on op.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
munchie63
Getting Excited

they are offering 30% off their actual ticket price.

its agents in the uk offering different deals and playing the £/$ rate game, plus most park tickets are cheaper online than 'on the day'.

frustrating but whether its 25% off by buying in the uk or 30% off on the gate, you're saving in the end. I'd take the offer
munchie63 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 18, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It depends what the tickets are though. Paying for 14 day UK style tickets may be cheaper or if not cheaper better value.

Esp given the recent threads on universal ticket price hikes.

30% off might be worth it.
Would they possibly convert it to an in park credit for food?
Old 22 Jul 18, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post

It's for the 14 day 3 Park Explorer ticket which they've agreed to sell me on the gate.

I can get that for £225 PP in the UK. On the gate it will work around £270 PP and this is before the new increases that are coming.

Not sure what the increases are yet but actually thinking now these might wipe out the 30% discount altogether.

I have emailed explaining but keep getting told that they cant do anything. How can i escalate this please?
Old 22 Jul 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by karlos View Post
It's for the 14 day 3 Park Explorer ticket which they've agreed to sell me on the gate.

I can get that for £225 PP in the UK. On the gate it will work around £270 PP and this is before the new increases that are coming.

Not sure what the increases are yet but actually thinking now these might wipe out the 30% discount altogether.

I have emailed explaining but keep getting told that they cant do anything. How can i escalate this please?
I would be careful Hun as I have never seen the uk tickets sold over there ...
however the AP don't work out much more than UK if you can fit 2 trips in ?
We love our APs we try to fit as many trips as possible in off in October for a cheeky week 😉 the discounts in park and on hotels are always an added bonus as well x
Old 22 Jul 18, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

On the plus side I have always found the customer services department in the parks fab x
Old 22 Jul 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post

I know exactly what you mean but this email came back from Universal?

I apologize for any miscommunication you may have received about purchasing your tickets. Only the Guest Services team at our parks can assist you with the special discount on the 3-Park Explorer Tickets. To redeem your offer, please visit the Guest Services Window at either Universal Studios Florida™ or Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ with your valid photo identification and the confirmation number********.