Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 2 Aug 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I rang Virgin who said they'd email their Disney team to sort it and would take up to 5 days. Four days later they are now showing on MDE May have shown up eventually but thought I'd make sure.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Booked in April for May 2019, hotel linked after about 2 weeks and tickets appeared a week or so after that. I seem to be lucky as I've had no issues with anything on my virgin booking.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
dalecooper
Gone all Goofy

I've been through all this with Virgin and it was quite a headache.

We booked in January for an October holiday and had our hotels linked to MDE within a week. The tickets were another story.

80 days out and we still didn't have them linked. I contacted the rep who booked the holiday, Virgin's head office and also a couple of customer service reps. Every single one of them just told me "you'll see them automatically link sometime on your fastpass day, which is 60 days out"

This kind of worried us, so we went directly to Disney wholesale (who deal with the relations between TAs and Disney). Within 24 hours we had our tickets linked to our MDE account. I wish we'd done this from the start to save the headache.

At 9.00am on fastpass day we did actually get the automated email from Virgin saying our tickets are now linked, so I think we would have been OK to wait - but it wasn't very reassuring.

On another note, for anyone worrying that they won't get the rides they want if they aren't ready at 12 exactly on FP day... If you plan appropriately and make sure you schedule doing Flight of Passage nearer the end of your trip, you won't have any issues getting what you want. Even if you leave it a while to book. My FP day was last week and there are still times available for it near the end of my trip.

Long post, sorry.
dalecooper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My hotel reservation linked on 1 August and my tickets are showing this morning, so exactly a week.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List