Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 29 Jul 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Apple watches

Do any of you lovely Dibbers own Apple watches? I’m thinking of doing some hard saving to get DH one for Christmas, but know nothing about them, other than there’s a range of prices. Please could anyone give me a review of yours and whether it’s worth paying more than less iykwim? Thanks!
Old 29 Jul 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Wife & son had one each for last couple of years and love them.

I got one yesterday and have to say so far so good, mainly got to record training etc, but think it was a good investment.
Old 29 Jul 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mibbs
Serious Dibber

Mibbs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Yes, myself and my sone have one, we love them.
Mibbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 18, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

I love mine

It def makes me more active to achieve the various challenges from a fitness perspective but also the ability to pay contactless with it is great, the messages coming through and calls when in range

Listening to music without needing phone is great for a run too
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

I love mine...use it for music and fitness...DH and kids have them too!
Old 4 Aug 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
malt1977
Apprentice Imagineer

I had one for a couple of years and really enjoyed it, if I still had an iPhone I’d certainly see what Apple might announce next month...with that said, it might be worth waiting to see if they do bring out a new one then.
malt1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I love mine so much that... when my first (out of warranty) Apple watch died on me last year I went straight to the Apple store after work and bought another on the spot. I didn't even use to wear a watch before my first Apple watch!

I use mine for activity tracking (quite like the concept of the activity rings) and exercise tracking (easy to glance at my watch when running to see how my run is going in terms of distance/time/speed). Also for seeing the time/date at a quick glance without having to get my phone out! Sometimes also for discreetly checking notifications like Whatsapp messages. Apple pay on the watch is pretty cool too!

They might have new models coming out at some point this year, think it's been close to a year since the last refresh. So might be worth trying to see if you can wait...
Old 4 Aug 18, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch_Lover
Searching for Stitch

I got mine 3 years ago, and never looked back,

thing that I like every time your phone goes ping , you can glance at watch see if its important, or spam

looking to upgrade later this year

1979 , 1996 , 1997 , 2000 , 2002 , 2015 , 2015 , 2018 ,1st Solo trip 2018 Booked 2023
Stitch_Lover is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

myself and my wife have had each version and will no doubt be upgrading to whatever they bring out in September

It's a weird device. For most people, they really miss them if they forget to wear them BUT trying to explain exactly WHY is more awkward! Phones can track steps though not as accurately and if you're not into tracking that much anyway, what use would it be? Yet somehow, it just becomes a must have.

Personally I like the fact that I can be in a meeting or something and it'll be awkward/rude to pick up the phone. If I get a message/email, the watch will buzz gently against my wrist and I can quickly glance at the update to see if its important or not.

Anyway yeah, we both love them
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Andy0502
Excited about Disney

We all have them - DW, DS and myself. DS and myself got ours at Best Buy 2 weeks ago whilst over there as the keep having great sales prices.
Andy0502 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List