Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 8 Aug 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Years ago, it used to be the case that some Seaworld tickets (and Universal's American tickets) were only valid for 12 months from the day you bought them. So, for example, if you bought them at the start of August 2015 they'd only be valid until end of July 2016. They have never been valid for just 6 months.
Not years Nimbus.This was our issue/ problem just last year which was explainrd to us on arrival at Seaworld
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Well Floridatix aren't for sorting it,not their problem,if SW give them the go ahead then they said they would resend..to be honest it was like talking to a brick wall.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by JayPR View Post
Not years Nimbus.This was our issue/ problem just last year which was explainrd to us on arrival at Seaworld
Yes, you're right. Sort of.

Years ago, the UK and US tickets were the same. Therefore, the UK tickets had the same 12 month expiry period from when you purchased them as the American tickets do. But some time in the past, the UK tickets diverged and no longer have the same expiration. The UK tickets are now year specific and are valid for the whole of the specified year no matter when they are bought.

The American Seaworld tickets still have the same 12 month expiration period. The UK tickets do not.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Well Floridatix aren't for sorting it,not their problem,if SW give them the go ahead then they said they would resend..to be honest it was like talking to a brick wall.
I would be going back to FloridaTix telling them that they've sold you the wrong ticket.

UK 3-Park Seaworld tickets are valid for the whole of the year that they are purchased for. The 2018 3-Park Seaworld tickets are valid for use at any time within 2018. It even says so on their own website. So you should be able to use these in December.

American Seaworld tickets are only valid for 12 months from the day they are purchased. Therefore, it sounds like they have sent you American Seaworld tickets. This is not what you ordered. Therefore you've been sent the wrong thing. Under the Consumer Contract Regulations they are legally required to send you the correct item or refund your money in full.

It looks like FloridaTix is on Facebook, Twitter and the like. Have you tried raising a complaint on Facebook/Twitter, pointing out that you've been sold the wrong tickets? Sometimes posting a public comment in the open on social media gets a more favourable outcome compared to contacting them privately.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I totally agree with Nimbus, I would be posting on their social media pages and warning others about their mis-selling practices. You can report them to Trading Standards and the Advertising Standards Authority - something I have done successfully in the past when items have been advertised incorrectly or mis-sold. Also, under the Misrepresentation Act 1967, you would be entitled to claim compensation.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone..I'll let you know on Saturday afternoon when a very helpful manager is calling me back.
Old 9 Aug 18, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes, you're right. Sort of.

Years ago, the UK and US tickets were the same. Therefore, the UK tickets had the same 12 month expiry period from when you purchased them as the American tickets do. But some time in the past, the UK tickets diverged and no longer have the same expiration. The UK tickets are now year specific and are valid for the whole of the specified year no matter when they are bought.

The American Seaworld tickets still have the same 12 month expiration period. The UK tickets do not.
Mmm

Think i,m understanding you Nimbus

Our tixs last year were purchased through OAT
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JayPR View Post
Mmm

Think i,m understanding you Nimbus

Our tixs last year were purchased through OAT
Orlando Attraction Tickets should have sold you UK tickets. Although I'm not quite sure when the tickets changed - it may have changed last year for this years tickets. In which case the UK tickets would've been the same as the American tickets.

So, yes, "years" - plural - was probably incorrect. It just feels like years ago when things changed.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 9 Aug 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Know what you mean Nimbus

The more I think about this it would have been 2016 when we orderd our 2017 tixs
Old 11 Aug 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
Thanks everyone..I'll let you know on Saturday afternoon when a very helpful manager is calling me back.
Well...surprise surprise no phone call from a Floridatix manager this afternoon,called them an hour ago and the manager who promised to phone me after speaking to SW today went on annual leave yesterday! So why say you have a call scheduled with SW today to try to help me?