Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Aug 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
LisaMouse
Very Serious Dibber

One day hopper questions!

Sorry for this but I am so excited, I have lots of questions. My partner and I are coming to Florida at the end of September and I was told that it was just not possible to be able to go to Disney at all this time as it was just out of our budget. However, it was our anniversary at the weekend and as it was our 1st anniversary which is paper, I was given a voucher for a one day Disney pass! I am so excited! I would like to get a hopper pass so that I can do two parks in one day and I'm thinking Hollywood Studios morning and Magic Kingdom afternoon and evening for the fireworks.

Does anyone know where I can get the best deal on a one day hopper pass?

First thing, parking. Would I have to pay for parking at both parks? or would my pass from HS work at MK? If not, if I drove to MK in the morning and parked there for the day, is there a bus from there that goes to HS and back directly? I could then leave my car there for after the fireworks. Which is best?

Memory maker - is there a link to where I could get a one day memory maker? I would like to meet some characters and get some ride photos taken.

I will be aiming to go on a day when MNSSHP is on, does that mean we would get longer in MK?

How would I go about making fastpass requests if I don't have a magic band?

Sorry for the questions, I didn't think I would be going, but now I'm being treated to a day of magic and I'm so excited!
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Mobile

Buy a 1 day pass directly from WDW website(US)

1 parking charge per day

Separate ticket required for MNSSHP - don't go on that day

No magic band required to book fp+. Your ticket will link to MDE
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

One day memory maker can only be purchased on the day once you have had your first picture linked to mde
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LisaMouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
Buy a 1 day pass directly from WDW website(US)

1 parking charge per day

Separate ticket required for MNSSHP - don't go on that day

No magic band required to book fp+. Your ticket will link to MDE
Thanks Tracy x
Old 9 Aug 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by LisaMouse View Post
Does anyone know where I can get the best deal on a one day hopper pass?
The best (i.e. cheapest) place to get a 1 day hopper is to get it from Disney themselves.

Either buy it at the entrance or buy online from Disney's American website. You go to the Disney's website:

disneyworld.disney.go/

... and then at the top of the page you will see "UK & Ireland (English)", click on this and change it to "United States (English)", hopefully you can now access the tickets. It's a bit hit and miss though if you try and buy them as it sometimes directs you back to the UK site.

The price of the 1 day hopper depends on the day you select, but it's around $185 (roughly £145).

You can also buy the 1 day tickets from UndercoverTourist.com but they cost slightly more.

First thing, parking. Would I have to pay for parking at both parks? or would my pass from HS work at MK?
You only pay once per day. So you can move your car from HS to MK's parking lot (at the Transport and Ticket Center) and not pay anything extra.

Parking is currently $22 per day for a regular car.

Memory maker - is there a link to where I could get a one day memory maker?
Here's a link to Disney's website that explains the One Day Memory Maker a bit more:

disneyparks.disney.go/bl...-can-i-buy-it/

Unfortunately there's no link to buy it because you can't pre-purchase it.

One Day Memory Maker is available for $69. You have the option to purchase it in the My Disney Experience mobile app once you’ve linked at least one Disney PhotoPass photo to your account from the day, or at theme park ticket windows and Disney PhotoPass Centers.

I will be aiming to go on a day when MNSSHP is on, does that mean we would get longer in MK?
Actually, it'll mean you get less time in MK. MK will close at 7pm. You need to buy a separate ticket for MNSSHP. You can't attend MNSSHP with just a normal 1 day hopper.

It would be better for you to go when MNSSHP isn't on so that you get to see the fireworks.

How would I go about making fastpass requests if I don't have a magic band?
You don't need a MagicBand to book fastpasses. All you need is to link your one day hopper ticket to your Disney account. You'll then be able to book fastpasses 30 days (or less) before the day you plan to visit.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
One day memory maker can only be purchased on the day once you have had your first picture linked to mde
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
One Day Memory Maker is available for $69. You have the option to purchase it in the My Disney Experience mobile app once you’ve linked at least one Disney PhotoPass photo to your account from the day, or at theme park ticket windows and Disney PhotoPass Centers.
I never knew this, learn something new all the time
Old 9 Aug 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
I never knew this, learn something new all the time
I only found out about it a few days ago.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SRB-93
Trying for More Ears

Is this a legit ticket? And would it allow me entry on the 8th November 2018? floridaticketstation...er-option.html
SRB-93 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by SRB-93 View Post
Is this a legit ticket? And would it allow me entry on the 8th November 2018? floridaticketstation...er-option.html
The ticket is the correct one if you want to visit on 8th Nov 2018, yes.

However, please note the following:

- the price doesn't include tax,
- you have to pick up the tickets from their offices in Florida, they don't deliver,
- the company is a timeshare company and will try to sell you a timeshare when you pick up the tickets.

The bit at the bottom of their website gives it away:
"THIS ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING TIMESHARE SALES".

Otherwise, if you don't mind picking up your tickets and are happy to get a sales pitch from them, then it's a good price.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Old 9 Aug 18, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

If someone had only one day at WDW, I would recommend that they not hop-it takes time and one day isn't that much time. You are better off saving the money and getting a one day, one park ticket and using the enire day, not wasting and hour or two changing parks.

ETA: I checked the prices. A two day ticket without hopper is only about $25.00 more a one day hopper.

Edited at 04:01 PM.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List