Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jun 09, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post

"Magic Your Own Way" passes?

For my very first daft question I'm going to dive straight in with this howler -

Are Magic Your Own Way passes available to us Brits? I've been browsing the ticket agencies for Disney prices and whilst the UK exclusive packages that seem to be the most commonly available offer value for money to those who intend to spend a lot of time at Disney and offer maximum flexibility, I'd rather reduce my costs and tailor my tickets to my specific needs.
Any suggestions on whether I can purchase MYOW tickets (preferably in sterling) from over here, or must I wait until I get over there? Or any alternatives I haven't considered?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 09, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post

yes they are ! have a look at orlando attractions, they have prices in dollars but give you the option to purchase in pounds.

read each set of tickets though so you get the ones you want

and click ticket price list on the right !
Old 26 Jun 09, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dan123
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EvilWizbit View Post
For my very first daft question I'm going to dive straight in with this howler -

Are Magic Your Own Way passes available to us Brits? I've been browsing the ticket agencies for Disney prices and whilst the UK exclusive packages that seem to be the most commonly available offer value for money to those who intend to spend a lot of time at Disney and offer maximum flexibility, I'd rather reduce my costs and tailor my tickets to my specific needs.
Any suggestions on whether I can purchase MYOW tickets (preferably in sterling) from over here, or must I wait until I get over there? Or any alternatives I haven't considered?
I agree with your sentiments, we are buying 7 day my ways, universal 2 park bonus and seaworld/aquatica/busch gardens 3 park ticket for £1335 for 5 of us,disney 14 day ultimates alone would cost us £1050...I think it's a no brainer but I know many on here choose the more expensive tickets due their added flexibility/time limits/hopping options etc.

Horses for courses!

Dan

Edited at 07:45 PM.
dan123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 09, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Heilanger
Excited about Disney

I ordered 10 day MYW Plus tickets from Orlando attractions (best price out of them all) as well as the Orlando Flexticket which will do us for Seaworld, Aquatica, Universal, IOA etc.

The MYW PLUS tickets give you 10 separate days (valid for 14 days after first use) including the waterparks though you can get just the 10 day MYW without the waterparks for cheaper. I bought ultimate tickets last year and felt they were'nt value for money as we only ever park hopped once. The rest of the time we went to a separate park for a single day so they just were'nt worth it. It's a long day at any park let alone jumping between them!
Heilanger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 09, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
debs1505
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
We use mapleleaftickets - gives you a good breakdown of what MYW tickets are on offer, inc plus options etc
Old 27 Jun 09, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
berni
Serious Dibber

We went for MYW plus with hoppers. I paid in Dollars and got a very good deal from Orlando Attractions, you could pay in £ but worked out better for me this way. Tickets arrived about 6 days after ordering.
berni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 09, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by berni View Post
We went for MYW plus with hoppers. I paid in Dollars and got a very good deal from Orlando Attractions, you could pay in £ but worked out better for me this way. Tickets arrived about 6 days after ordering.
hi we,ve just ordered 5 day MYW Plus with hopper from orlando attractions for 2010
adults price £195.47
thats cheaper than getting the brit 5 day premium tickets!
it might only be a saving of £5 -£10 pound but its a SAVING! and why pay more when you dont have to
Old 27 Jun 09, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi another orlando attractions fan here we have got 10 day myw plus tickets for our upcoming trip fast delivery service and e-mail updates throughout the order process
Old 27 Jun 09, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFamily
Imagineer

As people have said the MYW tickets are great value if you don't envisage hopping from one park to another in a day, or you aren't going to want to go to Disney every day (even for a couple of hours). The Ultimate tickets are sold to Brits as we tend to go for 14/21 day holidays. If you want to park hop, or you are intending to go to Disney every day, then the Ultimate tickets work out better value.
We are going for 14 days and have bought the 14 Day Ultimate ticket (from Orlando Attractions) simply because it allows us the flexibility to go to a Disney Park if the mood takes us, we don't have to worry about having enough days left etc. Although we might only spend 7 full days in a Disney Park, we may decide to have a meal at a restaurant in a Disney Park on another day, or might decide to drop in to watch the fireworks at MK or Epcot.
2001 - Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2005 - Old Key West Resort 2007 - Sequoia Lodge (DLRP) 2008 - Santa Fe (DLRP) 2010 - Mickeys Sunrise Villa (Sunrise Lakes Dibb Villa) 2011 - Hotel New York (DLRP) 2013 - Orlando Primrose Villa (Lindfields Dibb Villa)
DisneyFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 09, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jeff340
Very Serious Dibber

A valid post
EvilWizbit
"Magic Your Own Way" passes?

We only want a 2 day MYW Plus ticket ,but a 3 day is cheaper ,will have a look at Orlando Attractions

Indian Ridge=Xmas96 * Indian Creek=Xmas08
Windsor Hills=Sept 2010 * Windsor Hills= Sept 2013 * Windsor Hills = Oct 2015 * Windsor Palms = Sept 2022
jeff340 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread