Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 30 May 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Day-Dreamer
Earning More Ears

Benefits of Empire State rooms

Hi,
We have a booking for DLH in August which I’m looking to move to 2022. Given the status of DLH is unknown I’m considering Hotel New York/Marvel. Can someone advise me of the benefits of club level, I’d like to figure out whether it’s worth the £s (I appreciate that’s subjective). Thank you 😊
Day-Dreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

We have stayed in golden forest rooms at Sequoia Lodge which I think will be comparable. Seperate check in, breakfast and afternoon snacks, fast passes daily ( pre covid). Seperate dining room/ lounge which we used in the evening for drinks. The staff were great and super friendly and helpful.We have booked Compass club at Newport Bay for our October trip and hoping for a similar experience.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Day-Dreamer
Earning More Ears

Thank you 😊. Fast Pass feels attractive but who knows when/if they’ll return.
Day-Dreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It was only ever a limited number of free FPs, and you couldn't use them between certain hours. Nice to have, but not essential.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Privateer
Earning More Ears

On our last trip to DLP, my wife and I stayed in the DLH in Castle Club.

Whether it's worth it is definitely subjective but the thing that sold it to us was the access to the park. You just take a lift and you're there. This was great as we could walk around the park with minimum stuff and easily go back to the room to pick something up, change if you get caught in the rain, or use your own room's toilet especially useful if one of your party has a germ phobia.

The other thing that was brilliant was breakfast with the characters. We tended to try and be up early to maximise our Disney time and when we had breakfast there was often more characters than guests and you had the bizarre sight of characters almost queuing up to see guests which was a nice reversal of the usual. As I said it was just my wife and I but the characters really spent a lot of time with the children that were in Castle Club.

As for the fast passes, we're not big ride junkies - we just like to soak up the Disney Magic. However, I do remember using the pass three times in a row on the Ratatouille ride and several other smaller ones.
Privateer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List