Notices

Old 1 Jul 21, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Chessington tomorrow...

Hello Dibb famalam!

We are heading to Chessington first thing. The two youngest have an inset day - a thrill seeking 9 year old and more moderate (but 120cm in height!) 7 year old.

Any tips for how to make the most of the day? Safari type thing first? Or the new Croc ride first or something else?

Also which way do we go in (travelling by car). Is it the Lodge entrance?

Thank you!
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bluebell22
Being a bit Goofy

We found the app really useful for keeping a check on queue times and how many mins walk away an attraction is. The app is also really good for navigating around park, just pick the ride you want and it shows you the way.

Lodge entrance is for the onsite hotel and goes into the zoo area, the day visitor arrives by the explorer entrance.

Rattlesnake is the only ride in the park that the 7 year old won’t be tall enough for - it’s 1.4m, my 9 year old was just tall enough.

Safari doesn’t open until 12pm, and the queues seem longest at this point - wait until mid afternoon for shorter queue. Think there is another ride that doesn’t open until midday, maybe tiger rock.

Scorpion is fun ride that often has short queues, both the 9 and 7year old will probably enjoy as not so fierce.

You get pretty wet on river rafters but really good fun moderate thrill ride, the queue can get long for this.

Vampire was surprisingly high thrill level for 1.1m height restrictions, bit like nemesis but without the loops taking you upside down.

Maybe have a look around the zoo when queues are at longest. The show with gruffalo on mane stage may be slightly young for your kids and quite girly but ok place to stop for a watch whilst eating lunch.

There is also a sea lion show and sea life centre for a break from rides. Gruffalo is a calm boat story ride and room on broom is a walk through version of book, quite tame and geared to younger ones and young at heart as well as Julia Donaldson fans.

More to do there than can fit into a day. We split up to explore - 9 year old on big rides with Dad, whilst Mum did tamer things with small 6 yr old... still didn’t come close to covering it all even on a low queue day. Staff seemed really friendly too.

Have a great time.
Bluebell22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

I was going tho chip in with comments but Bluebell seems to have it covered! 😀 I can recommend lunch at the Pizza Pasta restaurant, hope it’s still all you can eat!
So, all I’ll say is enjoy.
Old 2 Jul 21, 05:58 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

I was going to suggest the nacho place for lunch but I can’t remember what it’s called. If you like guacamole this is fab and everything was really fresh - not your average UK theme park fare.

I was sure we’d headed straight for the safari when we went in during half term and it was a walk on. We went back the next day and did Vampire first thing but, even though we got there for rope drop (not quite as exciting as Disney rope drop!) we still queued for an hour.

We’re certainly no experts having only done Chessington twice prior to June this year. Alton Towers is our base.
Old 2 Jul 21, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Yeah pizza pasta is good or we enjoyed the dirty fries near kobra.
The smoke house is gross, the meat is very fatty so don’t suggest there at all.
Enjoy!
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Have a lovely day, should be fairly quiet I'd have thought.
I love the zoo but my kids are only interested in the rides these days!
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you all! We had a really great day. I’m not sure how the park has passed us by!

It did get a bit busy but we didn’t queue for more than about 25 mins (Tiger Rocks) with the exception of Dragon’s Fury which was posted at 70 mins but was more like 50 mins from start of queue to getting off - but we didn’t waste any park time doing this as we jumped in the queue 3 mins before 5pm (closing time) so only waited whilst the park was kicking out.
We did pay for fast track for Vampire for DH and DD9. DD7 didn’t fancy it. Didn’t quite work out for us as someone was sick on the ride before hand so they ended up waiting for 45 mins before loading.
We didn’t eat in the park; we had a McDs at about 8.10 at Beaconsfield at took picnic snacks with us that we ate in queues. Girls did have slushies though which were ace whilst queuing for Tiger Rocks.
All in all, a really great day. xxx thanks for the tips

Ps Croc Drop was brillxx
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
Thank you all! We had a really great day. I’m not sure how the park has passed us by!

It did get a bit busy but we didn’t queue for more than about 25 mins (Tiger Rocks) with the exception of Dragon’s Fury which was posted at 70 mins but was more like 50 mins from start of queue to getting off - but we didn’t waste any park time doing this as we jumped in the queue 3 mins before 5pm (closing time) so only waited whilst the park was kicking out.
We did pay for fast track for Vampire for DH and DD9. DD7 didn’t fancy it. Didn’t quite work out for us as someone was sick on the ride before hand so they ended up waiting for 45 mins before loading.
We didn’t eat in the park; we had a McDs at about 8.10 at Beaconsfield at took picnic snacks with us that we ate in queues. Girls did have slushies though which were ace whilst queuing for Tiger Rocks.
All in all, a really great day. xxx thanks for the tips

Ps Croc Drop was brillxx
Great to hear you had a good day.