Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Jul 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Southern Italy

After our next trip to Lake Garda I feel we will have exhausted this area.

We have a trip to Sorrento in the pipeline, after this would like to explore other costal areas, love the clear waters of Puglia and seen some nice looking pictures of area further South than Sorrento.

Just looking for recommendations for a 50 something couple.

Thank You
2waterford is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Sorry no advice but love Italy and will be reading along. We visited Lake Garda as a family in 2019 for my 40th, so beautiful. Also did a girls trip to Sorrento in April 2019, beautiful place. Would love to go back to both and want to explore Capri, Amalfi coast more.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Amalfi coast is very pretty , stopped at minori for a few hours. Drove the narrow coastal roads which was an experience!
Want to go back there for a week or so to explore more as when we visited , it was a non stop drive from UK to minori , 2 hour stop have a dip in the sea then drive back to uk. ( Was a charity challenge so no I wasn't nuts! 😂😂
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Sorry no advice but love Italy and will be reading along. We visited Lake Garda as a family in 2019 for my 40th, so beautiful. Also did a girls trip to Sorrento in April 2019, beautiful place. Would love to go back to both and want to explore Capri, Amalfi coast more.
We love Lake Garda, always stay in Sirmione, on Southern tip of the lake and only an hours drive from Bergamo Airport. This year we hope to do a day trip to Riva on the Northern End of the Lake.
2waterford is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Amalfi Coast/Sorrento for sure. Visit Ischia when you're there. Then Sicily. Sicily is very special and a place that most Irish people feel immediately 'at home' in. Sicilian people are delightful, the food is beautiful, the scenery is beautiful and I always have to be dragged back to the airport 😊 In pre-covid times it's also well served from DUB. We used to fly over the DUB and go from there and it was easier than going through LHR. AL serve Catania, my fav side of the island. Of course the route is cancelled this year but hopefully will be back soon.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2waterford View Post
We love Lake Garda, always stay in Sirmione, on Southern tip of the lake and only an hours drive from Bergamo Airport. This year we hope to do a day trip to Riva on the Northern End of the Lake.
We visited Sirmione for the day in 2018, it is beautiful. Thinking of possibly returning in 2022 and saving Florida until 2023 for things to calm down a little. Can I ask where you usually stay in Sirmione? We flew into Verona last time but will look into the airport you mention also.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Our last holiday 🙁 was to Sorrento in 2019 and wouldn’t hesitate to go back. Didn’t venture far but went to Pompeii and Positano and both were incredibly hot but amazing days out. Absolutely beautiful area
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2waterford View Post
Riva is my favourite spot on the lake. I have spent many hours there. Just love it.

I've been to ischia which was a lovely island off naples.

Amalfi coast and pompeii are on my list to go to and Pulgia is also supposed to be lovely.
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

The area between Sorrento and Amalfi, particularly Positano is the most beautiful that I have ever seen.

We hired out a RIB from Sorrento and spent the day motoring out and round Capri, past Amalfi and Positano etc etc. It was absolutely stunning to anchor up under some cliffs and have a swim!

Both Herculaneum and Pompeii are excellent days out.. as is a trip to Rome. Napoli Station to Rome takes 1 hour 12 minutes on the Frecciarossa train, passing Monte Cassino on the way. We went for a 3 night vacation within the vacation.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:01 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List