Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 13 Jul 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by shona View Post
Tenerife is one of our favourite places and we usually stay at Melia Jardines del Teide in Costa Adeje and have a package holiday as it gives us more support if anything unexpected comes up. Our teenagers love Siam Park and were disappointed in Volcano bay by comparison. Get there early and if you want fast passes get them from the souvenir shops it will be much quicker than at the lockers.
Thank you ever so much, I’ll check that out now too 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Ive been to Tenerife at least 6 times October 1/2 term

90% of this was glorious sun/slightly over cast / warm enough for shorts etc during the day

Siam Park is the best waterpark outside the US we have been to

there is also a massive shopping centre next door should you need a dodgy weather / retail therapy day

We have stayed at Baha Principe & Be Live Costa Los Gigantes, the latter being the better one for us..
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

We are thinking of Tenerife or another Canary Island in October Amy

Even if it’s possible for our original trip to the US to go ahead I can’t get excited about it so I’m preferring to just forget about it as an option - I’m not good with the uncertainty - but I’m not booking anything until much closer to the time. Quite fancy the Hard Rock Hotel if we go to Tenerife though ❤️

ETA I will be booking a package which as you know we never ever do - but if there are problems I want to make one phone call and it to be someone else’s problem to solve

Edited at 09:55 AM.
KarenG is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Siam park is on a par with the Orlando water parks. I’ve not seen one like it before in Uk. We’ve been once and absolutely loved it.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Siam Park is excellent, the last time we went there it was in December, it was plenty warm enough then, so October should be lovely.
We've stayed in a couple of hotels not far from Siam Park, but that makes them a long walk/taxi ride from the beach. Most places in Los Cristianos/Las Americas/Adeje area are near the route for Siam Park's free bus so you should be able to get there easy enough
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

Never been in October but Siam Park is amazing. Fabulous rides and theming. Very pretty. Wave pool mind blowing. We paid in advance for very reasonable fastpasses and would highly recommend. We hardly queued all day. I thought it was much better than Disney water parks but that’s just my opinion...
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We go to Tenerife very regularly and have been in October lots, great weather

Have stayed in Los Cristianos (quieter), Las Americas (our usual choice/favourite - try and stay anywhere between Cleopatra Hotel/Mediterranean Palace and no further up than Tigotan as there’s the a ‘party’ strip but this is easily avoided and for us the main area of Las Americas with the Hard Rock Cafe and Monkey Bar can’t be beaten), walked into Costa Adeje too but haven’t stayed there since I was a child but I certainly would in future.

Siam Park is excellent and often as you leave you can get a great deal on a second day if you pay for it before you exit the park. We go almost every trip - the wave pool is brilliant and there’s lots of loungers around there too. There’s a big food court with choice for everyone in it.

There’s also Siam Mall very close and there’s free buses around the area to take you to Siam Mall and Siam Park (at least there was before covid - our last trip was June 2019).

Any questions or hotel queries feel free to private message me, if the hotel is in Los Cristianos or Las Americas then I’ve probably stayed there
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
We go to Tenerife very regularly and have been in October lots, great weather

Have stayed in Los Cristianos (quieter), Las Americas (our usual choice/favourite - try and stay anywhere between Cleopatra Hotel/Mediterranean Palace and no further up than Tigotan as there’s the a ‘party’ strip but this is easily avoided and for us the main area of Las Americas with the Hard Rock Cafe and Monkey Bar can’t be beaten), walked into Costa Adeje too but haven’t stayed there since I was a child but I certainly would in future.

Siam Park is excellent and often as you leave you can get a great deal on a second day if you pay for it before you exit the park. We go almost every trip - the wave pool is brilliant and there’s lots of loungers around there too. There’s a big food court with choice for everyone in it.

There’s also Siam Mall very close and there’s free buses around the area to take you to Siam Mall and Siam Park (at least there was before covid - our last trip was June 2019).

Any questions or hotel queries feel free to private message me, if the hotel is in Los Cristianos or Las Americas then I’ve probably stayed there
Ah thank you so much, that’s really helpful. I’m really keen to go, but the family currently want to hold out in the hope that our Florida trip will happen, but I will definitely come back to you if that falls apart in that’s ok, as I will definitely be looking at Tenerife then 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List