Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Jul 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

Advice please

Looking for suggestions, usually we stay in a villa however planning on trying something different as my hubby would prefer to stay on I drive with no car this time. We will be doing universal only, there will be my family of 5 -2 adults & 3 kids, 11,12 and 17. My mother in law and her son 16 years. Can you get a 4 bed condo? Or would we be better with 2x 2 bedroom apartments and put my oldest in with mil apartment? We don’t want a hotel as don’t want to be living on top of each other for two weeks. Any resort suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I’ve never stayed on I drive always villas.

rhu115 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rhu115 View Post
Looking for suggestions, usually we stay in a villa however planning on trying something different as my hubby would prefer to stay on I drive with no car this time. We will be doing universal only, there will be my family of 5 -2 adults & 3 kids, 11,12 and 17. My mother in law and her son 16 years. Can you get a 4 bed condo? Or would we be better with 2x 2 bedroom apartments and put my oldest in with mil apartment? We don’t want a hotel as don’t want to be living on top of each other for two weeks. Any resort suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I’ve never stayed on I drive always villas.
Vista Cay resort is on Idrive. It’s a condo resort and really nice
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Picalily
Imagineer

Picalily's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Vista Cay is quite a long way out without a car especially if OP is concentrating on Universal.
Picalily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Picalily View Post
Vista Cay is quite a long way out without a car especially if OP is concentrating on Universal.
I agree, if you have a car it takes mins to get Universal.
We normally stay there and have Uber'ed to Universal as hubby wanted to drink, it wasn't too expensive.

The issue is that it is a long walk to I drive (if you'd want to do that in the heat!)

It's not easy to get to the shopping areas from there unless you get a taxi or uber.

It may be worth looking at Floridays as its a big resort it has 2 and 3 bedroom suites also a shuttle service to the parks.

We haven't stayed there but some friends have and they loved it.
Old 21 Jul 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
rhu115
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by richard29 View Post
I agree, if you have a car it takes mins to get Universal.
We normally stay there and have Uber'ed to Universal as hubby wanted to drink, it wasn't too expensive.

The issue is that it is a long walk to I drive (if you'd want to do that in the heat!)

It's not easy to get to the shopping areas from there unless you get a taxi or uber.

It may be worth looking at Floridays as its a big resort it has 2 and 3 bedroom suites also a shuttle service to the parks.

We haven't stayed there but some friends have and they loved it.
Yes I have heard of Floridays I will have a look at that

rhu115 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rhu115 View Post
Yes I have heard of Floridays I will have a look at that
Fountains is right next door, similar resort

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Have you looked at the US resorts Surfside and Dockside? Might give you more space and also give the older teens some freedom to get around the parks in a fairly controlled environment.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List