Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jul 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
haGGis
Proud to wear my Ears

Advice for family of 5 going Aug 22 needed please?

Hi all you lovely organisers ...

I'm in need of some help / advice ... Now once upon a time there were just the two of us on honeymoon, then there were three of us, then four, then five.. and those extra three will be 17, 14, and 9 ... and the days of staying in one room at Animal Kingdom lodge are loooooong gone...

So I'm looking for solutions for a family of 5 that isn't 24k... I just don't know where to start? Do I get two rooms at a Disney property? do I get a family room? do I stay in a non Disney property that's cheaper and bigger? I'm not keen on driving so that would be a last resort (but not out of the question)

any tips, recommendations you have would be most welcome !

thanks in advance!
Old 26 Jul 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
TinksandFlynn
Excited about Disney

We are a family of 5, (ds 18, dd 15, dd12). We try to stay in one room on site to keep the cost down for us. However we are not particularly bothered about having a lot of space. We have stayed at POR many times and made use of the 5th sleeper bed. We are going again in Aug 22. It works for us.

Edited at 12:35 PM.
TinksandFlynn is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

6 of us stayed in a 2 bedroomed apartment at Old Key Wrst which was lovely, not sure what prices will be like for next year though!
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Have you considered the Family Suites at Art of Animation. Two bathrooms. Separate main bedroom. I think it’s a double sofa bed abs double table bed but there would be plenty of room for a blow up mattress as well. Small kitchenette. You could also look at the suite hotels on Disney property but not part of Disney. Uber costs would not be bad and they run buses too. I think it’s called the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.
Old 27 Jul 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Family Suite at All Stars Music. Newly refurbished, two murphy beds in the living area plus a separate bedroom. Two bathrooms. Roughly the same price as 2 value rooms, so the cheapest onsite suite. Although two rooms would give you double the offer credits (about $700 for two weeks at a value between dining and gift cards) to help save on the budget, then request connecting rooms.

Otherwise I agree at looking at the Disney Springs or Bonnet Creek suite resorts. They should be Disney partner hotels (the Hiltons definitely are) so have regular buses to the parks and get the same perks as onsite like early entry.

Then there's a lot of offsite options (e.g. LBV village resort) but you would need to drive or budget for Ubers.

Edited at 09:23 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

We are a family of 5 and for our last trip stayed at Carribbean beach in a 5th sleeper room which we managed fine in. However for next year Iv gone for two rooms at all stars which Iv requested as connecting rooms as this worked out the 'best bang for our buck' with the absence of free dining.
natanddaz is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are a family of 5 kids are now aged 18,15 and 10. In the past we have stayed at Carribbean beach resort and have had a suite at Art of animation when kids were younger. However there is no way we would stay at a Disney hotel now they're older as we all value our privacy and space too much so now we always have a 4/5 bed villa. We sometimes book a night at a Disney hotel and are planning a night at a universal hotel next visit but wouldn't stay in a hotel longer than that, it would drive us crazy as much as we love each other 🤦😂
Old 2 Aug 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Funkymoover
VIP Dibber

I've only got two kids but aged 15 & 16, like Bee Happy I dont mind for a night or two but there's no way I'm sharing for 2 weeks!

can I ask why you don't want to drive? we have had an SUV the last couple of holidays and love driving over there (we argue over whose turn it is as we both want to drive!) once you get over the initial panic of driving on the wrong side of the road its a lot more relaxed than driving here! I have had to travel to the states for work too and have had a hire car every time and had no issues
May 2012 villa in Windsor Hills
August 2015- Windsor Hills again July/August 2020 - we missed out but new countdown is on for July 23!
Funkymoover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List