Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Apr 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

We don't have a caravan but love our tent! We usually camp in North Yorkshire can't wait for the sites to open so we can book a break away. DDs all adults now as are our friends kids but we all still love to meet up camping 😁
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Pembrokeshire. Without a doubt, as it’s so unspoilt and never overcrowded even in high season. Beautiful coastline and lots of lovely walks. We’ve been going there years and often find a new hidden gem.

We also love the Cotswolds. Lots of pretty villages to visit. We stay at Adam Henson’s farm park (BBC Countryfile presenter) caravan park which is lovely for peace and quiet and countryside walks and had the farm park for children

We used to love Cornwall too when our boys were young but it’s too crowded now and very expensive.

Where is your favourite place to go?
I really fell in love with barafundle bay when we had a weekend in Pembrokeshire- the lovely walk along the cliff to reach it and despite it raining on and off and blowing a gale it was so peaceful. Doubt it’s like that on a hot sunny day but it’s made me want to see more of that area .
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HevaDuck View Post
We don't have a caravan but love our tent! We usually camp in North Yorkshire can't wait for the sites to open so we can book a break away. DDs all adults now as are our friends kids but we all still love to meet up camping 😁
It’s such a sociable holiday whether in a caravan or tent. We’ve never been to Yorkshire as it’s so far from us, but it looks beautiful. Let’s hope we can all go away again soon. We were booked to go to Pembrokeshire at Easter but obviously didn’t. I think our first trip away, when we can, will be there
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
I really fell in love with barafundle bay when we had a weekend in Pembrokeshire- the lovely walk along the cliff to reach it and despite it raining on and off and blowing a gale it was so peaceful. Doubt it’s like that on a hot sunny day but it’s made me want to see more of that area .
You really should return, it’s fabulous in the sunshine 😀 Let me know if you go back and I can recommend some ‘little known’ places
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Pembrokeshire. Without a doubt, as it’s so unspoilt and never overcrowded even in high season. Beautiful coastline and lots of lovely walks. We’ve been going there years and often find a new hidden gem.

We also love the Cotswolds. Lots of pretty villages to visit. We stay at Adam Henson’s farm park (BBC Countryfile presenter) caravan park which is lovely for peace and quiet and countryside walks and had the farm park for children

We used to love Cornwall too when our boys were young but it’s too crowded now and very expensive.

Where is your favourite place to go?
We are torn between the Padstow area and North Devon and the Exmoor area. Favourite caravan site on Exmoor
exevalleycamping/

I would really like to holiday in Tenby again but DH feels it is too far to tow from Sussex,

Edited at 11:54 PM. Reason: adding to post
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I tried taking cuttings of my neighbours Chillean Potato vine, (potato plant?) its a beautiful purple flowering thingy, that trails over into our garden, so far, they are not fairing well! I dont think I am as green fingered as I thought.

I also have a baby tomato plant a kind person let me ‘adopt’ which I am treating like a pet, on the windowsill, its called very imaginatively ‘Tommy’
I've grown Wisteria plants and a passion flower from layered cuttings.
If your vine is overhanging enough to reach the ground I don't see why that wouldn't work the same way.
Here's how:
rhs.uk/advice/profile?pid=358
Or:
Using a pot about 10 inches tall, filled with a half sand/ half garden soil mixture (not compost)
Water it and cut half a dozen pencil thick pieces of stem about 12 inches long. (These are called half ripe cuttings)
Cut the top few leaves off.
Push the stems into the soil mix up to a leaf so the leaf is just touching the soil.
Pop the pot in a cool shady area in the garden and leave for a month or so.
You'll know if the cuttings have taken when you begin to see vigorous growth.
I've grown stems from roses from bouquets this way too. It's a lovely way to have a permanent reminder of special occasions
Or: take stem cuttings and pop them in a jar of water and pop them on your kitchen window sill but don't trim the top leaves off. If you're lucky they will grow roots.
Hope you can make sense of this lol

Edited at 11:46 PM.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
We are torn between the Padstow area and North Devon and the Exmoor area.

I would really like to holiday in Tenby again but DH feels it is too far to tow from Sussex,
We love North Devon, we used to stay at a site called Hidden Valley near Illfracombe but I believe it’s changed ownership now.

I can’t imagine how far Tenby must be from Sussex! We have never been to Sussex either. Tenby is very nice, but again a little more touristy than some other parts of Pembrokeshire
Old 26 Apr 20, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We love North Devon, we used to stay at a site called Hidden Valley near Illfracombe but I believe it’s changed ownership now.

I can’t imagine how far Tenby must be from Sussex! We have never been to Sussex either. Tenby is very nice, but again a little more touristy than some other parts of Pembrokeshire
Just added our favourite Exmoor site to previous post. Yes, I reckon it is probably more touristy but will make a fair base for touring.
Old 26 Apr 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
We are torn between the Padstow area and North Devon and the Exmoor area. Favourite caravan site on Exmoor
exevalleycamping/

Thanks for the link, that looks like our type of site so would love to visit it one day
Old 26 Apr 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

cotswoldfarmpark/camping/

redlandstouring/

Our two favourite sites, both quite quiet especially the Pembrokeshire one but very clean and friendly

Tenby is a great base for touring and has beautiful beaches too.

Edited at 12:31 AM.