Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 9 Mar 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Concerned about DS

DS is 24 and has Aspergers. He has a fulltime job at a hotel, he has been furloughed for much of the last year and all of the last 3 months.
He has no friends, though he gets on well with his workmates he doesn't keep in touch outside of work. He doesn't use social media, he has a few hobbies, but has stopped watching films, WWE and obviously can't visit theme parks. He does come out with us most days to walk the dog ( he walks so slowly we have to stop repeatedly for him to catch up ) apart from that and visiting mother in law once a week he hasn't been out of the house since November.
He spends most of the day in bed, when he does get up he just sits. Last night he sat in the kitchen all night ( I let the dog out at 5am ) just sitting, doing nothing. He went to bed at 7am.
He seems to self induce a shuddering episode where he tenses all his muscles and he seems to go into a sort of trance, I'm almost certain it's self induced ( he says it is ) but it has crossed my mind it's some sort of fit.
I really don't know what to do to help him. I'm thinking he won't be in a fit state to go back to work when he is allowed.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
madmaxgirl
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Hi, didn’t want to read and run..
Could you speak to your Doctor and get some advice?
Could be some kind of seizure but it could be nothing.
It’s definitely worth you getting some advice from a health professional xx
madmaxgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear this, I agree, contact GP but might it help to give him some jobs to do around the house too? it must be a struggle if furloughed due to lack of routine and no job to do as such?
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Please contact GP, even if its nothing serious it will reassure you. I think all of this is so much worse for those with MH issues. Does he have a social worker or key worker/support? Maybe they might be able to help. DS is 31 -in a way it is ‘lucky’ he is out of work presently as his Job Plus worker has kept in touch with him, obviously looking for work is a bit of a non starter at the moment but they also have zoom sessions where they can keep in touch. Hope you get some help for your son. X

Edited at 09:05 AM.
Bootrip2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 21, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunset girl
Imagineer

Sounds like he’s having absences
Take him to the docs to get checked over
My son has aspergers he is now 37 he also doesn’t really have any friends
He is on anti depressants, this is common for adults on the spectrum