Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 22 May 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Can you still book on another country's offer?

Sorry if this has been answered already- I did have a quick look but couldn't see it anywhere!

Its been a few years since we've booked for DLP and last time around we were able to get a much better price by booking on a different country's version of the official DLP site (I think it was the Irish site but tbh I forget - I'd been tracking offers on a few and I know others had booked via the Dutch site etc). But this was pre Brexit!

Has Brexit changed things, or can we still do this?
ParisinMarch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I was about to say yes as we have done this in the past, but I hadn’t thought about Brexit, so now I don’t know, sorry.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

I just tweeted them to ask and they said yes.
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KScosmos
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Looking at booking a trip for December and didn't know this was a "thing"!

Is the Dutch website normally the cheapest option? Took a quick glance and it's coming in £70 cheaper than the UK site.

I've also tweeted DLP to ask this question as I want to see it in writing for myself that this is allowed before I make a booking.
KScosmos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
ParisinMarch
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by dancingelkhound View Post
I just tweeted them to ask and they said yes.
Ah this great news! Thanks for posting.

@KScosmos I'd be interested to know how you get on too, and I'll likewise report back once I'm booked. I'm looking for May/summer 2022 though so think my dates aren't available at all til the end of this month (and maybe later still on non-UK sites, based on past experience...).
ParisinMarch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

I’ve used the French, German and Italian sites previously as they were the cheapest for that holiday at that time. I think it really varies.
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi,

Just be aware that some cards charge a foreign transaction fee. You may need to factor that in. Also if you plan to just pay the deposit, although the € price will remain the same, the £ price may change by the time you pay the balance. 😁 xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
KScosmos
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Originally Posted by ParisinMarch View Post
Ah this great news! Thanks for posting.

@KScosmos I'd be interested to know how you get on too, and I'll likewise report back once I'm booked. I'm looking for May/summer 2022 though so think my dates aren't available at all til the end of this month (and maybe later still on non-UK sites, based on past experience...).
I've had confirmation from DLPHelp on twitter that we are safe to book via the Dutch (and any other international) site - they also offer the Zen guarantee, so I see no real downside to booking on an international site.

I think we'll be booking a 4-night stay in December, looking at £970 for Newport Bay including tickets on the Dutch site as opposed to £1033 on the UK site, so that's a nice saving!
KScosmos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridafan
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 53
How strange - I just checked my daughter’s preferred dates for October and it’s €694 on the Dutch site and £631 on the uk site.
Floridafan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
How strange - I just checked my daughter’s preferred dates for October and it’s €694 on the Dutch site and £631 on the uk site.
It will depends on various factors including school holidays.