Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Jun 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsB87
Imagineer

Malta - any recommendations

I have a week booked off work in July and now that there's more options on the green list, would love to try and get my little one on her first holiday and some much needed down-time.

I've been looking at St Julianns in Malta, but never been. Any thoughts?

Also considering Balaeircs too if anybody has experience.

Criteria really is a nice hotel (preferably on a beach) with nice restaurants close by.

Thanks!
MrsB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne K
Imagineer

Anne K's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We stayed at Hotel Juliani overlooking Spinola Bay in St Juliens - loved it, highly recommend

Mdina is stunningly beautiful
Anne K is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikeandrach
Getting Excited

I looked at Malta for august but even kids need to be double vaccinated I believe, so worth checking this before booking
Mikeandrach is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We went last March and stayed in an Airbnb apartment in Sliema which was a great location. Only a few minutes walk to the ferry to Valetta and buses around the island. We walked round to St Juliens a few times too. There's a small beach there, but Malta isn't really known for its sandy beaches. The main ones are to the north of the island in the more touristy area, but we wanted to see more of the historic side, so that's why we chose the south. If you're a Game of Thrones fan, quite a lot of it was filmed there and we scouted out quite a few locations, which was fun

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been looking at Malta today as got time off in July. The prices are at least double what they usually are and that's without testing. I've looked on lots of sites and as much as I rate BA they are some of the worst. We've also looked at Madeira and the Balearics and all have surge pricing.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Malta is lovely but Gozo is even better. Much quieter and has better beaches. A lot of beaches are shingle. Though Golden Sands resorts is lovely but isolated.

Silema is lovely and you can walk along the seafront easily towards Valletta.
Old 25 Jun 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mikeandrach View Post
I looked at Malta for august but even kids need to be double vaccinated I believe, so worth checking this before booking
Yes just given up on that for that reason.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mikeandrach View Post
Oh really, I had no idea! I was thinking of here if Mexico fails too. Thanks
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I went to Malta when I was 26 and said I wouldn’t return before retirement. It’s that type of place and no beaches either. Gozo is nice for an afternoon trip
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

I've been to Malta and would go back. Valletta is lovely and there is a lot to see if you are prepared to explore. Gozo is lovely - no cars - and there is a very nice beach at mellieha
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List