Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Jun 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Was it the Pfizer or AZ or both that could get it after 4 weeks ?
Asking for my 18 year old son who is now nearly 5 weeks post vaccination
Pfizer is 8 weeks in Bury still, both my DD's had it recently
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Where abouts in greater Manchester are you ?
Where was the drop in centre ?
Did you have to live in the very locality of the drop in centre to get it ?
Was it the Pfizer or AZ or both that could get it after 4 weeks ?
Asking for my 18 year old son who is now nearly 5 weeks post vaccination
Am not sure which vaccine manufacturer it was as not had first hand experience of having earlier 2nd dose as me and dh waited 12 weeks between Pfizer jabs. Someone at work was talking about 2nd doses being given after 4 weeks bit now wonder if they were talking about AZ...
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by darbs View Post
Am not sure which vaccine manufacturer it was as not had first hand experience of having earlier 2nd dose as me and dh waited 12 weeks between Pfizer jabs. Someone at work was talking about 2nd doses being given after 4 weeks bit now wonder if they were talking about AZ...
Not AZ but Pfizer and Moderna can be given after 4 weeks.
That’s when I had mine.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Hi FamG yes, we are hoping, (thats the word for everything now isn’t it) hoping, to go to Greece in September for my 50th birthday. We have passed the first hurdle of my husband being well enough (yay!) now just need covid to do one and for greece to go green! We can travel in amber, but would prefer it to be green. We had IKOS aria in Kos booked via BA, but have actually just ‘downgraded’ our ten night all inclusive stay to a 7 night bed and breakfast at an adult only boutique hotek called Lango design, saved £3,400 in the process.
I just want to be in Greece, and it looks just as nice. We feel a week will be enough for this year and prefer keep that saving towards a (hopefully) trip to Florida next year instead.

Annoyingly, we just found out a lot of the hotels at the airport are being used solely for quarantine- the sofitel at T5 LHR is closed, we have an early flight so need a hotel, have now held the Premier Inn T5, but its not in the terminal, and we don’t know where to eat dinner now either as sofitel has amazing dining which is why we love it so much. Am sure we will get over all these small hurdles just to be going away.

Thank you for all the form links, thats so helpful and I hope we all get to Greece! Yamas! 🇬🇷

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

We have Kos booked in August, DH and I will be double vaxxed and children under 11. I still can't call it, I'd love to get away but equally have plans for the money so will take it as it comes.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We have IKOS Oceania Halkidiki booked for a 10 night stay and a Wedding in October carried over from last year. A party of 15 we will all be double jabbed but can only go if green or if it changes to no quarantine for Amber. Balance due in a couple of days so fingers crossed for this time.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
katebush95
VIP Dibber

We’ve moved our July holiday to September for Kefalonia so fingers crossed 🤞

Glenbrook Villa April 2009
Highgrove Villa July 2011
New York New York April 2017

Back to the magic take two! November 2022 Pre-Trip report
katebush95 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
peter pan
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We had IKOS ARIA booked for July 27th... EasyJet just cancelled my flight so I’ve moved it to IKOS Andalusia as more flights seem to be going to Spain. Also got Oceania booked for the end of Sept which was moved from last year. We can’t go if it’s amber though
Old 30 Jun 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

After having Florida cancelled and moved to next year- we are thinking about booking Greece for August. We are both double jabbed, 3 kids- 2 under 11 but 1 15 year old. If rules for entry to Greece stay as they are that should be fine, and if needed we’ve got enough annual leave to quarantine- as would make sure there was enough time before kids have to go back to school. Suppose we really should wait to see if it goes on the green list ( the islands at least) but I’m far too impatient and want to know now! Don’t want to be faffing about trying to book tests at the last minute. Anyone else just booked or thinking of booking soon?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
After having Florida cancelled and moved to next year- we are thinking about booking Greece for August. We are both double jabbed, 3 kids- 2 under 11 but 1 15 year old. If rules for entry to Greece stay as they are that should be fine, and if needed we’ve got enough annual leave to quarantine- as would make sure there was enough time before kids have to go back to school. Suppose we really should wait to see if it goes on the green list ( the islands at least) but I’m far too impatient and want to know now! Don’t want to be faffing about trying to book tests at the last minute. Anyone else just booked or thinking of booking soon?

Yeah we booked a few weeks ago as a back up for end of August