Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 Jun 21, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Barbados- things to do.

We’re considering changing our LA trip to Barbados for something totally different but just wondered if it’s good for kids and what else is there to do ?
We know about the quarantine etc.. but we are fully jabbed and happy to stay on resort for the 1-2 days.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
We’re considering changing our LA trip to Barbados for something totally different but just wondered if it’s good for kids and what else is there to do ?
We know about the quarantine etc.. but we are fully jabbed and happy to stay on resort for the 1-2 days.
Well I'll find out soon as I'm taking my 3 year old and 10 month old

I have been before though, swam with giant turtles off the back of a small boat. That was really cool! Also did the Corcorde tour which was fun, but then I'm a bit of a plane geek!

Are you staying all inclusive? I can recommend some good food places. We're going AI this time as it's easier with the kids but still plan to eat out at a few places and do some boat trips.
Old 27 Jun 21, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Well I'll find out soon as I'm taking my 3 year old and 10 month old

I have been before though, swam with giant turtles off the back of a small boat. That was really cool! Also did the Corcorde tour which was fun, but then I'm a bit of a plane geek!

Are you staying all inclusive? I can recommend some good food places. We're going AI this time as it's easier with the kids but still plan to eat out at a few places and do some boat trips.
Oh cool, that will be handy!
I’m also a plane geek and Concorde is my absolute favourite 😅
We are going to book AI at The Tamarind as want just a nice easy holiday.
Unfortunately I get really embarrassingly sea sick so I can’t do long on a boat but I’m ok on fast, short journeys like speed boats 😂
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I can recommend Harrison’s Cave and St. Nicholas Abbey Heritage Railway. Did with my boys when they were 7. The Boatyard is also great fun with inflatables in the water etc.. We also went to the PEG farm - I hated it but the kids loved it 😂
Old 27 Jun 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Oh cool, that will be handy!
I’m also a plane geek and Concorde is my absolute favourite 😅
We are going to book AI at The Tamarind as want just a nice easy holiday.
Unfortunately I get really embarrassingly sea sick so I can’t do long on a boat but I’m ok on fast, short journeys like speed boats 😂
Ah cool! We booked Crystal Cove AI which is just down from the Tamarind. We stayed at Colony Club (all part of the Elegant chain) last time but that only includes breakfast and doesn't have a kids club. Guessing you won't be taking advantage of the free boat transportation to the sister hotels then
Old 27 Jun 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Ah cool! We booked Crystal Cove AI which is just down from the Tamarind. We stayed at Colony Club (all part of the Elegant chain) last time but that only includes breakfast and doesn't have a kids club. Guessing you won't be taking advantage of the free boat transportation to the sister hotels then
No way, that’s where we tried to book but then an hour later it was gone for our dates 😭
Ugh, just the thought makes me queasy but I may be ok for very, VERY short trips .. 🤢🤣
Definitely let me know how your holiday goes, hope you have a fab time!
Old 27 Jun 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
I can recommend Harrison’s Cave and St. Nicholas Abbey Heritage Railway. Did with my boys when they were 7. The Boatyard is also great fun with inflatables in the water etc.. We also went to the PEG farm - I hated it but the kids loved it 😂
Brilliant thanks, the caves look good.
Dd is 10 and a water baby so she’ll be happy floating around but a couple of trips would be good .
Off to Google PEG farm …. 🤓
Old 27 Jun 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

No way, that’s where we tried to book but then an hour later it was gone for our dates 😭
Ugh, just the thought makes me queasy but I may be ok for very, VERY short trips .. 🤢🤣
Definitely let me know how your holiday goes, hope you have a fab time!
Ah no, thats so annoying! Tamarind looks lovely though.

Thank you, hope you have a great time too!
Old 28 Jun 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Oistin's Friday Night Fish Fry

pretty much as per the title goto Oistins on a Friday evening, local caught fish cooked fresh from food stalls, beers, music, dancing

gets a bit mad late on but great fun night out, imo slightly intimidating at first but once you have a sherry or two...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Thanks everyone.
I appreciate you all taking the time to answer but dh and I had a chat today and our heart is really not into this trip.
We’re “doers” and I don’t think there will be enough to keep us occupied as we are not sitting on the beach every day type people and neither is dd.
We thought we could but it’s a lot of money if we go and end up bored.