Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Jul 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Vikkicat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
i rememeber the heady days of unlimited special fastpasses in the empire state club. Then is was castle club only, i think they even removed those to single use now (which we got free in regular disneyland rooms back then).

our girls were not impressed. Even less so with standby queue effectively locking out portions of the day instead of fast passing.
i have just checked and the website is still saying 'Disney Hotel FASTPASS
Guests staying in Empire State Club Rooms, Golden Forest Club Rooms and Compass Club Rooms can also enjoy one FASTPASS ticket per day, per person valid all day except between 1.00pm - 4.00pm.
'

so i'm a bit worried as this is the reason we booked golden forrest room DLP over Christmas
Vikkicat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

in the old days (around 2007 ish) it was an all day multi use fastpass when you stopped in the suites (we only did this once for 2 days and used the fastpass a lot). The disneyland hotel gave a 'single use per day' in the normal rooms too (around 2013 when dreams was running)
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I was watching Tim Tracker explaining it last night.

Stand by line as normal until it gets to a certain piont then anyone turning up to queue will have to get a standby return time.
You can only have 1 of these at a time. So if you turn up to a ride at 10am and it is full and you get a return time of 2pm say, you are stuffed for 4 hours wandering around if all the other attractions also need a standby pass, or you will have to pay to get on anything.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
I was watching Tim Tracker explaining it last night.

Stand by line as normal until it gets to a certain piont then anyone turning up to queue will have to get a standby return time.
You can only have 1 of these at a time. So if you turn up to a ride at 10am and it is full and you get a return time of 2pm say, you are stuffed for 4 hours wandering around if all the other attractions also need a standby pass, or you will have to pay to get on anything.
I haven’t seen that video yet but will wait to see one from someone who can actually go there and experience the new system.

I can’t see all the others needing a standby pass at the same time. Particularly in Disneyland Park, there are lots of rides that often have short queues. And if you can stay onside you can do most of the FP rides before 10am.

Edited at 12:57 PM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

I disagree with the posters in here saying they understand the changes because of covid.

That is no excuse to rip people off.

Sorry but they have had many years of profit which would more then be enough to cover this.

You won't catch me paying for fastpasses that's for sure.
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

I agree, except that DLP has never made a profit!

Don’t like the idea of this system though.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

It has. It went through a 10 year period of non profit. However in March 2019 posted a profit of 13% coming in at £1.5bn. No doubt if it weren't for covid it would still be in profit.

wdwnt/2019/03/disneyland...than-a-decade/
aj2703 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Loosecannon
Earning More Ears

Ok, seen the prices for fast passes today and they are crazy…

Surely I am not alone in thinking this really affects how they would spend the day in the parks and it is massively detrimental to the whole experience.
Now could you use this as a reason to cancel a holiday? I know it won’t be in the terms and conditions, but surely it is a big change in how the parks work?

Or is the virtual queue system working ok?
Loosecannon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

I’m a bit confused about Premier Access to be honest.

I’d read that this was being introduced and just thought, that’s okay as I’ll just use the standby lines. However, if I am understanding this correctly, if for whatever reason DLP decided to close off the standby line, I will have to get a standby pass and can only have one at a time?

My concern is that you could well end up just kicking your heels waiting for your ride time, especially if other rides have closed standby at the same time.

Am I completely misunderstanding this?

I’ve booked a quick trip for October as a back up if my WDW trip gets cancelled but I have to admit, this is making me consider cancelling (booked with the Zen guarantee)
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
I think we will all have to wait and see how it works.

I have an AP so will be doing my usual, getting there for the start of EMT and we will be doing at least Big Thunder, Peter Pan, Buzz and Space Mountain as walk-ons, as we always do. Likewise Ratatouille.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14