Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Jul 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

DLP fast pass - do we need them?

I haven’t been to DLP for 10 years and OH has never been. We usually get the DAS at WDW and use fast passes, but I’m not sure I can get the french equivalent.

We’re going in October, Monday - Wednesday and not half term. For those of you who have gone more regularly, would you say FP is something we need? I’m aware it could be paid for by then, but just trying to get a feel of if it’s needed.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Fast pass, as in to beat the queues for the rides? I'm not aware you can pay for these other than as as a benefit of staying at Club level in hotels.

If you can pay for them at DLP, I've never felt the need to even during busy times like school holidays. We tend to walk around the park and if we see a fast pass eligible ride that has a good time window then we'll get the ticket from the machine and then come back at that tine. We always do that for Peter Pan and Big Thunder Mountain. You can only have one fast pass ticket per person at a time, or within two hours, until it is used during its designated slot. I'm not aware if this has changed recently though, it might now be electronic on the app rather than paper ticket.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kenville View Post
Fast pass, as in to beat the queues for the rides? I'm not aware you can pay for these other than as as a benefit of staying at Club level in hotels.

If you can pay for them at DLP, I've never felt the need to even during busy times like school holidays. We tend to walk around the park and if we see a fast pass eligible ride that has a good time window then we'll get the ticket from the machine and then come back at that tine. We always do that for Peter Pan and Big Thunder Mountain. You can only have one fast pass ticket per person at a time, or within two hours, until it is used during its designated slot. I'm not aware if this has changed recently though, it might now be electronic on the app rather than paper ticket.
Thanks it is changing at DLP and there will be a charge of €8-€15 per person per ride but not sure of the start date. The free collect at machine ones are going I believe so handy to know you do use them.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Hi kenville, there is a new system beginning in August - info on other threads. No more free FPs.

I would say if you are staying onsite and willing to get up early to be in the parks at the crack of EMT, you can do most FP rides as a walk on.

So let's imagine I got there Monday afternoon. I'd do Studios first because although it's not a great first experience of DLP, it doesn't take long!

If Mickey and the Magician is back, I would do that first - nice and relaxing and a lovely introduction to the experience. Otherwise, frankly there is little to do in Studios at the moment. If Crush has a long queue (which it will) you could stroll down to Place de Remy and if you're willing to do single rider, the queue for Ratatouille is short. If not, save it for first thing in a morning.

The only other FP ride in Studios is ToT so if there's a long wait for that, do Tram Tour (the new version looks a bit pathetic but frankly it's better than the previous version ended up). Then I'd do the rides in Toy Story Playland, none of which have FP. Then Stitch Live, which is a much-overlooked show and great fun if the audience are willing to join in. That leaves ToT which you may be happy to queue for. Also Aladdin's Carpets which up till now has been FP, but won't be by then - and frankly has never needed one. And finally Crush, which doesn't have FP so whenever you want to do it, you're looking at a queue of about an hour.

Then next morning bounce into Disneyland Park at the crack of EMT, and head for either Big Thunder or Peter Pan. Either of those will be a walk-on if you're absolutely first thing. Another day you could do Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain at the same time, then join the queue for Star Tours just before the park opens.

So that only leaves Indiana Jones, which frankly is so hidden away that I have rarely seen a big queue for it.

Just my experience (as an all adult group going in the week during term time and willing to get up early).
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Hi kenville, there is a new system beginning in August - info on other threads. No more free FPs.
I did not know this. My first reaction is that this is shocking and sad. The previous system had a feeling of equality whereby it was open to everyone. Disney isn't cheap and that seemed a real fair way to do it. This now sounds penny/pound pinching! I'm going to read up on this now!
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
fiendj
Getting Excited

We had hotel fastpasses when we stayed at sequoia lodge. The issue we actually had was that we didn't need them. By our last day the concierge had re-dated them all for us and we all still had three fastpasses each to use. We decided that if the wait time was under half an hour that was perfectly fine to use the regular queue. We did our must do's during EMT and then just took the day quite leisurely. We are more than happy to pay for a fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain but honestly, the park would have to be incredibly busy before we considered it.
The amount of rides that have fastpass in DLP is so small we really didn't find them necessary to the experience. Nice to have them, but not necessary. This was just our experience though, and it helped that we stayed Tuesday-Saturday so by our last day we could just soak in the Disney atmosphere without worrying about ride queues.
fiendj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Big Thunder is open during EMT these days too.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
fiendj
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Big Thunder is open during EMT these days too.
I wonder how many times we can ride it before EMT finshes.
fiendj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Okay thanks, whilst we’re willing to get up early, standing for long periods (over half an hour/45 minutes) isn’t possible for me so it’s quite probable we will need them I think I
Old 7 Jul 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

If you’re eligible for a DAS at Disneyworld then you should be able to get one at DLP, from memory we had to show either our sons blue badge or PIP letter I think.
As others have said if you use the EMH then you can access lots of rides before the masses arrive.
We love being in the parks early then generally go back to the hotel for a rest before returning later in the day. If you have a DAS I don’t think you would need to pay for fast passes.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List