Old 8 Jul 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Will we get there? Mallorca July 2021. Day 4

Martha woke at 7.30 and Aaron followed at 8.15am. I had to wake Edith in the end.

Breakfast was had, again, I forgot photos. Totally useless.

We took up our usual position at the pool and after a while we were all in the pool. Martha had a bottle and a nap while I went back in with Edith. We had a few drinks from the bar, again at no cost.

We got ready back in our room and made the walk into town in search of lunch. It was hot again, but not as muggy as it had been the last few days. We went in search of a Chinese restaurant we ate at on our last visit but they were only doing takeaways. We were a bit hot and bothered now so we grabbed a table at the first place we came to, an American / Tex Mex type place but after waiting 10 minutes and getting completely ignored we left and took a bit longer to choose where to go.

A front restaurant called IRU looked lovely so we grabbed a table there. It was a good choice. I had Sangria and Aaron had beer, then between us all we shared some bread, some chicken strips, a goats cheese salad and a noodle dish. It was excellent quality and the service was great too.

We carried on to cafe 1919 again as of course we had promised Edith her daily ice cream. We went all out and had a sundae. It was absolutely delicious but Edith said she had wanted a fro yo with sweeties. Honestly!? Toddlers are so hard to please sometimes. Oh well, Aaron and I finished that ice cream and said she could have some fro yo after. Normally, we wouldn't have said yes but on holiday it's just not worth the fight sometimes.

After that we had a wonder a bit further along the front. It had clouded over a bit and so was a lot more bearable for walking. I grabbed some more suncream as we were running short and then Edith had some time on a play area.

We decided to get a cab back as it was getting towards 6pm and we all wanted showers and a relax before dinner.

At 7ish we head to the hotel restaurant. The selection was good and we both enjoyed our meal. Edith was happy as there was pizza and Martha ate her fair share of cucumber and sweetcorn.

We did the mini disco again and then watched some acrobatics before bed.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Just catching your trip report now. It's great that you managed to get away. Seems like you are all having a lovely time. Enjoy
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another lovely day , I wouldn’t want to come home !
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Another lovely day Edith & Martha seem to be loving the pool
Old 10 Jul 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Just catching your trip report now. It's great that you managed to get away. Seems like you are all having a lovely time. Enjoy
We had a fabulous week thank you, so happy to have had the opportunity.

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Another lovely day , I wouldn’t want to come home !
I do love my holidays but I'm always happy to come home too. I'm definitely not meant for hot weather

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Another lovely day Edith & Martha seem to be loving the pool
They both love the water. Thankyou for reading.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Loving your trip report Abi! What a lovely photo of Edith and her ice cream! We used to holiday in Mallorca every year when our boys were young, (that or Keycamp in France) we stayed in Illetes, in a hotel called ‘Bonsol’ it was heaven on earth.
We loved the beaches at the north of the island though, especially Playa de Muro, it was white sand like Caribbean, and Soller was always worth a visit.
Loving your food pics, you eat some amazing salads! Such willpower! Like others have said, soooo good to see an actual Trip Report! Thanks for taking time to do it.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Another brilliant day, bet Edith is loving the disco every night! And Martha must be loving getting to be in the outdoor pool.

Perfect family holiday xx
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List