Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jul 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Changing accommodation category on arrival

Good morning,

Looking to book POR for next August and of course I’ve left it too late to book and the only rooms left with the dining credit offer are Woods view with 5th sleeper (so in the alligator bayou section), and the royal rooms.

We’re not keen on the alligator bayou section and much prefer the mansions, but don’t want to pay for a royal room (2 adults)

Has anyone ever changed the room category on arrival? So if we booked the woods view with 5th sleeper, could we ask at check in to move to the Magnolia Bend section instead if they have availability?

Our other option is the Yacht Club, but it’s an extra £2000 and I’m not sure it’s worth that much more.

Thanks for any help
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I have been moved on arrival into a different category before, however this is because I was incorrectly allocated into a standard instead of preferred room. It was a bit of a hassle to switch as it took them quite awhile to find availability and then get the move approved by the reservations team.

Specifically for POR though, the 5th sleeper rooms are the only ones eligible for the offer. Magnolia Bend is excluded. So I'm not sure if they would let you move, don't know how much detail the US reservations team receive about the UK offer terms. Only being a couple though, you may get lucky and get bumped over, especially if they overbook the 5th sleepers.

Edited at 10:54 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I have been moved on arrival into a different category before, however this is because I was incorrectly allocated into a standard instead of preferred room. It was a bit of a hassle to switch as it took them quite awhile to find availability and then get the move approved by the reservations team.

Specifically for POR though, the 5th sleeper rooms are the only ones eligible for the offer. Magnolia Bend is excluded. So I'm not sure if they would let you move, don't know how much detail the US reservations team receive about the UK offer terms. Only being a couple though, you may get lucky and get bumped over, especially if they overbook the 5th sleepers.
Thank you I hadn’t realised that Magnolia Bend was excluded, that makes sense why I can’t find any availability for there.

Lots of thinking to do, and I want to book today to get the gift basket offer, need to make my mind up quickly 🤣
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Have you stayed in the Alligator Bayou ones before?

I ask because we stayed at POR in 2010 and had asked for Magnolia Bend, but when we arrived (after 10pm due to a 5 hour flight delay) we were told we were in Alligator Bayou. The resort was full due to the Pop Warner cheerleading competition so we couldn’t be moved.

We were rather disappointed but when we woke next morning and had a chance to see our surroundings properly, we absolutely fell in love with it.

We were in block 16 and it was perfect. Five minutes walk to the food court, five minutes walk through the car park to the bus stop. Right by the quiet pool (not that we used it as the weather was minus 2 C some days in December 2010). The surroundings were lush and beautiful.

Obviously if you have stayed there before and you know you prefer Magnolia Bend, that’s up to you. But if not, don’t write it off just yet.

Alternatively there is Coronado Springs, we are booked there with the offer.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Have you stayed in the Alligator Bayou ones before?

I ask because we stayed at POR in 2010 and had asked for Magnolia Bend, but when we arrived (after 10pm due to a 5 hour flight delay) we were told we were in Alligator Bayou. The resort was full due to the Pop Warner cheerleading competition so we couldn’t be moved.

We were rather disappointed but when we woke next morning and had a chance to see our surroundings properly, we absolutely fell in love with it.

We were in block 16 and it was perfect. Five minutes walk to the food court, five minutes walk through the car park to the bus stop. Right by the quiet pool (not that we used it as the weather was minus 2 C some days in December 2010). The surroundings were lush and beautiful.

Obviously if you have stayed there before and you know you prefer Magnolia Bend, that’s up to you. But if not, don’t write it off just yet.

Alternatively there is Coronado Springs, we are booked there with the offer.
Thank you, yes we have stayed in Alligator Bayou before, in a preferred room also.

Of course there’s nothing wrong with it, we just preferred the Mansions which we had stayed in previously.
Maybe a bit lacking in storage, but then I think most moderate rooms are.

Overall it’s a beautiful resort and although I would definitely prefer the mansions I would stay anywhere in the resort, my husband though is not so keen.

I think there’s just so much uncertainty over booking things at the moment, we’ve had a good chat today and have decided to leave booking for now and possibly wait until 2023.

If another offer comes up for 2022 such as free nights we may revisit it again.

Thanks for your advice x