Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 20 Jul 21, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Day 3: Eden Project and Hangloose zipwire

We were booked in to the Eden Project for an 11am entry today! The signal and WiFi in Haven was absolutely terrible so I couldn’t manage to get online to see how long the journey would take, so we just kind of guessed in the end and left around 10am, after a cooked breakfast in the caravan.

The timing worked out well as we got in the queue for Eden a few minutes before 11.

It was another scorching day again, the car was reading an outside temperature of 29 - so probably not the best conditions to explore big greenhouses, but we were determined to make the best of it.

Eden is dog friendly mostly - there were lots of bowls of water around and places they could rest, but they aren’t allowed in the biomes.

We got a table in the undercover picnic area and decided to see the biomes in two groups so that the dogs were looked after.
We saw the Rainforest biome first - and found it pretty amazing! It did seem crowded though and of course was swelteringly hot. I was ok for most of it but towards the end I was getting a bit hot and panicky as I felt faint and you have to follow the one way system to get out.

The kids enjoyed the rope bridge which I found surprisingly scary!
Maybe I am just a wimp haha!

I enjoyed the Mediterranean biome more - the smells of the flowers really reminded me of holidays in Spain, and it wasn’t quite as humid as the rainforest biome. There were some beautiful flowers and cacti.

We cooled off with some of their Cornish ice cream and decided to go and get some lunch before heading to Hangloose for the zipwire. There is lots more to see at Eden but hopefully we will go back some time as tickets are valid for a year. It was just too hot to do everything!

We were booked in for 2.30pm for Hangloose and arrived a few minutes late - but the staff were really good and there were no queues. The kids were weighed for the zip line and given coloured wristbands so they could ride the zipwire and the giant swing.

There was no wait for the zip wire at all and they were kitted up with harnesses. Poor Lila had to have extra weights added to hers to make her ‘fly’ fast enough - she could barely walk it was so funny!

They were taken up to the top of the zipwire in a minibus, it’s over the other side of Eden so they get to fly right over it.
Lila and Sonny came down first, and then Amber and Elliott… big smiles all round, they loved it 😆

They also got to have a go at the Giant swing, the girls went first and then the boys.
This was more fun than they expected, it really does go high! It made Amber feel sick but the rest were ok. They guy running the swing was great and kept doing false starts before letting them swing, which was a nice touch.

The experience wasn’t cheap at £50 each for the two experiences, but the kids really enjoyed it and it was something different to do!

We were done by about 4pm and headed back to the caravan, making a stop for some more bottles of water and drinks as we are getting through them at a crazy rate in this heat!
We had planned to get a takeaway from ‘The shack’ in Perranporth as the reviews are amazing, but after driving their it turned out they were closed (despite their website saying they were open! Why is it so hard to get food in this place?! )
We ended up with burger and chips from the kebab shop - but at this point we were just glad something was open.

Overall, not a bad day. If we hadn’t had to prebook tickets to Eden then we probably wouldn’t have gone on such a hot day - it really was too hot to enjoy everything it had to offer.
The highlight was the zipwire over Eden, a great experience with amazing views and the staff really were fantastic given the heat they were out working in all day.

Tomorrow we move on from Haven and start making our way slowly to John O’Groats.
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fab day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

The Eden Project is on my list to visit but I'll go when it's cooler although the zipwire looks like great fun it's not for me, such a shame trying to get food and lots of places being shut, looking forward to reading more
Old 20 Jul 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Great first few days with lots done. The kids were brave doing the zipwire and swing.
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

There’s no way I’d have done the zipwire either! Haha! I was impressed our you gets didn’t chicken out as she’s only 10 but she loved it
Originally Posted by P&S View Post
The Eden Project is on my list to visit but I'll go when it's cooler although the zipwire looks like great fun it's not for me, such a shame trying to get food and lots of places being shut, looking forward to reading more
Dollymixture is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Dollymixture
Excited about Disney

Braver than me that’s for sure. Thank you z
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Great first few days with lots done. The kids were brave doing the zipwire and swing.
Old 24 Jul 21, 05:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Eden Project looks brilliant- it’s a shame it was so warm but great that you have a year to revisit. That zip lining looks terrifying.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 06:30 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Love to do Eden head a lot about it
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

The zip wire and swing looks just amazing. My 2 boys (17&23) would just love it. Definitely one for the young I think.
Old 4 Aug 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

The Eden Project is on my to do list but I wouldn’t like it in the heat. We have been up to Scotland and it was scorching, it was our first holiday with the puppy and I found it hard to do everything planned as we really had to be careful in the weather and I’m not used to having to cater for a dog never mind two whinging kids…big well done for coordinating everything with your crew! You all look like you are having an amazing time.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List