Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Jul 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Where is likely to stay green or amber

Firstly, I know no one has a crystal ball.

We’ve had all our eggs in the Florida basket so haven’t really been keeping an eye on the situation in Europe. Now it’s highly unlikely we will be going to Florida we need a plan B.

We’re looking at end of august, from reading threads today I can see spain and Greece are looking dodgy. Does that include the Canary Islands.

Where would you consider booking for 5/6 weeks time?

We will all be double vaccinated by then (only dd left to get her second in a couple of weeks) so amber is ok (amber plus is a no go).

Anywhere got tough restrictions or testing?
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

We also aiming to get away in 5 weeks and I’m waiting until the next review on 5 Aug before making a decision and booking. As you say lots can still change so best to book as late as possible
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneybear View Post
We also aiming to get away in 5 weeks and I’m waiting until the next review on 5 Aug before making a decision and booking. As you say lots can still change so best to book as late as possible
Yes we’re intending to leave it as late as possible. Plus the fact we need to get new passports in the meantime as ours are only valid for US so once I know Florida is definitely cancelled we can book an appointment at the passport office.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m in this position also, have annual leave booked last 2 weeks of August. Thinking to book Barbados but think I should wait until after the next review. So much uncertainty!
Jessika is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re waiting until next review too.

Have been looking at Barbados, Bahamas & Mexico.

We do have Tenerife booked for the last week in august but will cancel that if we book somewhere else for 2 weeks.

If we can’t fly anywhere we want to go we’ll book another cruise for later in august (assuming we like the one we’ve booked for next week)
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We are also in the same position. We were going to wait until the next review and then book last minute.

We have looked at Barbados, Tenerife (off the table now), Bahamas (but FCdO advise against travel so insurance implications and also possible quarantine for my unvaxed under 18 teens). Mexico but again FCDO advise against.

I’m finding this hard work 😓
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
We are also in the same position. We were going to wait until the next review and then book last minute.

We have looked at Barbados, Tenerife (off the table now), Bahamas (but FCdO advise against travel so insurance implications and also possible quarantine for my unvaxed under 18 teens). Mexico but again FCDO advise against.

I’m finding this hard work 😓
I had thought that they’d change the fcdo advice to match the amber change for double vaccinated but that hasn’t happened.

Makes travelling to amber difficult even if jabbed.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Is Tenerife off the table as it will be clumped together with spain?

We’ll wait for the next review but we’d be looking to go from 22nd so everything could change again on the 26th review.

It does feel like too much hard work sometimes.

Edited at 11:11 PM.
Old 20 Jul 21, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Antigua or Mauritius?
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪

Edited at 11:55 PM.
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Is Tenerife off the table as it will be clumped together with spain?

We’ll wait for the next review but we’d be looking to go from 22nd so everything could change again on the 26th review.

It does feel like too much hard work sometimes.
Yep, I have family in Majorca and Tenerife so get a lot of info from them on the situations there. They think that they will be put to level 4 soon (their highest level for restrictions). The islands are now seeing increased cases where as initially high cases were mostly mainland and around the Madrid area and main cities.

That, and the fact the UK press are now reporting that Spain looks likely to go ‘Amber plus’ means I don’t have the confidence to book a trip there. Whilst all of us adults are double vaxed, my 16 & 17yr olds aren’t and I have a vulnerable adult son too. I try to be extra careful and although we will obviously be tested before we go and all 3 of them will isolate too, I only really want to travel to a country with very low case numbers.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List