Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 26 Jul 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Agree with the above comments. Least safe, Jamaica and Trinidad. We were harassed by some guys wanting money in Castries, St Lucia - nothing serious but off putting. A tour guide we used a couple of times on St Lucia was shot dead a couple of years ago.
Everywhere else has been fine. We really like USVI and BVI.

Edited at 08:57 AM.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have been to Jamaica with both DD's when they were 9 and 11 and stayed at the Hilton Rose Hall. To be fair we only did organised trips and didn't go out alone but we had a great time and didn't feel unsafe.
Enjoy your holiday
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by traceylou1972 View Post
We have been to Jamaica with both DD's when they were 9 and 11 and stayed at the Hilton Rose Hall. To be fair we only did organised trips and didn't go out alone but we had a great time and didn't feel unsafe.
Enjoy your holiday
I really liked that hotel it was on our short list.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Oh well I don't regard over 2k per person cheap so hopefully Jamaica will be sophisticated enough for my humble needs. 😂

And I would never go on anything except an official tour, I'm not very brave or adventurous.
You are very classy Sue and your resort looks lovely. I wish you’d adopt me! I know how hard you and Dave have worked (and paid) to get this holiday right!
I don’t expect you to leave that sunbed for 2 weeks and I order you to work through the cocktail menu and provide us with a photo of each!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
You are very classy Sue and your resort looks lovely. I wish you’d adopt me! I know how hard you and Dave have worked (and paid) to get this holiday right!
I don’t expect you to leave that sunbed for 2 weeks and I order you to work through the cocktail menu and provide us with a photo of each!
Actually I fear it may be too classy for me, I have already had an exchange on the hotel Facebook page about flip flop style shoes in the restaurant. Apparently even Chanel flip flops are meant for the beach - who knew?
This wasn't from hotel but another guest by the way. My kids are not impressed, apparently I'm feeding a troll. I don't care I got the last word.😂
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Oh well I don't regard over 2k per person cheap so hopefully Jamaica will be sophisticated enough for my humble needs. 😂

And I would never go on anything except an official tour, I'm not very brave or adventurous.
Well if it's any consolation, I may be joining you in the Benidorm of the Caribbean Out of all the places I've been looking at, it appeals to me more than the other Islands as I don't want a UK feel if I'm in the West Indies, which is what I'm hearing some of the other Islands feel like, from my research on youtube and people I have spoken too. Have a wonderful time
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Actually I fear it may be too classy for me, I have already had an exchange on the hotel Facebook page about flip flop style shoes in the restaurant. Apparently even Chanel flip flops are meant for the beach - who knew?
This wasn't from hotel but another guest by the way. My kids are not impressed, apparently I'm feeding a troll. I don't care I got the last word.😂
I’ve always found the majority of guests are Canadian or USA. (maybe because we always went December time and they also come for the heat ) Believe me they don’t believe in dress codes fully. You are on holiday, so dress the way you feel comfortable in. It’s the Caribbean, not South of France, anyway fun on the beach means bare feet.

Eta, the only time we went **upmarket**🙄🙄 was the stay at Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica, but for the higher price we paid said preferred to be back with real people having fun

Edited at 11:45 AM.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Don’t get classy mixed up with pretentious
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
I’ve always found the majority of guests are Canadian or USA. (maybe because we always went December time and they also come for the heat ) Believe me they don’t believe in dress codes fully. You are on holiday, so dress the way you feel comfortable in. It’s the Caribbean, not South of France, anyway fun on the beach means bare feet.

Eta, the only time we went **upmarket**🙄🙄 was the stay at Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica, but for the higher price we paid said preferred to be back with real people having fun
He was Canadian. 🤣
Old 26 Jul 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ1
Excited about Disney

Hi, I’ve been to Jamaica a couple of times, staying at the Royalton in Negril and Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay. Loved both trips although did organised tours too and didn’t venture out alone.
I definitely wore flip flops (not rubber ones) in the evenings with no problems 😀

Edited at 12:10 PM.
AJ1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List