Old 2 Dec 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hotwire 11% off

Just a heads up, Hotwire are doing an extra 11% off Hot Rate hotels until midnight (US time). We’ve managed to get 2 nights at the Hard Rock in September next year for $507 which I thought was pretty decent. It’s a very slight chance you take however there’s always a list of possible hotels plus a photo of the hotel and it clearly matched a photo of Hard Rock in our case. We did the same with the Dolphin this year and saved quite a bit.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Good price. Hope others can take advantage of it.
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Just a heads up, Hotwire are doing an extra 11% off Hot Rate hotels until midnight (US time). We’ve managed to get 2 nights at the Hard Rock in September next year for $507 which I thought was pretty decent. It’s a very slight chance you take however there’s always a list of possible hotels plus a photo of the hotel and it clearly matched a photo of Hard Rock in our case. We did the same with the Dolphin this year and saved quite a bit.
Am also looking to book with Hotwire, though missed the extra discount

So I've checked the hotel I want on better bidding - by putting in the amenities it says its the right one. I've also looked at the number of reviews on TA and the rating given and its the same... Can I now be confident that its the hotel I want? Do they ever advertise a TA rating/number of reviews to make you think it's one, then give you a different one?

Thanks for your help
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mulv2222 View Post
Am also looking to book with Hotwire, though missed the extra discount

So I've checked the hotel I want on better bidding - by putting in the amenities it says its the right one. I've also looked at the number of reviews on TA and the rating given and its the same... Can I now be confident that its the hotel I want? Do they ever advertise a TA rating/number of reviews to make you think it's one, then give you a different one?

Thanks for your help
I’ve only booked with them twice and each time I used the list of possible hotels and compared the photo it gives you with photos from their entry for each hotel. The photos have been identical to ones displayed for the hotel I wanted. In the case of the Dolphin it was a bathroom photo, HRH was a standard room. Each time I was given the hotel I expected to get.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I went for it and it was what I was hoping for 👍
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
I went for it and it was what I was hoping for 👍
Excellent! I think the fact they give you a picture means it’s pretty fool proof. Also, I checked one day and the possible hotels were HRH, RPR and Sapphire Falls. The next day it was HRH, RPR and the Doubletree. I knew therefore that I was guaranteed to get either RPR or HRH and was happy with either at the price.
Not to say I didn’t sweat a bit after I pressed book!

Trip Report Index
Old 6 Dec 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Excellent! I think the fact they give you a picture means it’s pretty fool proof. Also, I checked one day and the possible hotels were HRH, RPR and Sapphire Falls. The next day it was HRH, RPR and the Doubletree. I knew therefore that I was guaranteed to get either RPR or HRH and was happy with either at the price.
Not to say I didn’t sweat a bit after I pressed book!
Mine was a stock photo but the number of TA reviews and rating were the same so I just kept everything crossed! We wanted the Hyatt Regency as like the location on I drive and got it for $126 a night 👍
Old 6 Dec 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mine was a stock photo but the number of TA reviews and rating were the same so I just kept everything crossed! We wanted the Hyatt Regency as like the location on I drive and got it for $126 a night 👍
That’s odd. Any I’ve looked at have been a photo of the actual hotel .

Trip Report Index