Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 4 Dec 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Great report, thanks for taking the time to share your pictures and thoughts.
Thank you for reading!

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
In all honesty it depends on money. We want to do full ddp but at the moment I’m a little worried about funds so I’m not 100%. At lot will depend on what happens in April when(if) free dining is announced.
That makes sense.

We booked POFQ for next October when free dining was announced in April. We are travelling after free dining has ended so got 10% off instead. I realised yesterday they are now doing a free nights offer for 2020 instead. We switched to All Stars with (paid for) TS dining plan for less than FQ with no dining was going to cost, so something to bare in mind for next year. I only lost £50 deposit as I'd made the original booking just for me and planned to add Nik later.

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
Amazing report, loved it, thank you so much for sharing! you had some great choices of delicious looking food! I could 100% do deluxe dining just to be able to enjoy a TS and signature everyday and try some starters I fear the tips bill wouldn't be as good as yours though, we spent not much less than you on standard dining (pesky cocktails). Looking forward to reading your next one especially if you are trying some offsite places
Thank you! I am glad you enjoyed it. You are right that cocktails would definitely push up the tips but I live in hope that Brett can be convinced haha.

Originally Posted by Grant41 View Post
Unbelievably good report, glad you guys had a good time, we're on the Deluxe Dining Plan next August, we did the regular Dining Plan this August so fingers crossed we can manage the load, going to do Buffet breakfasts and then 3 course lunch and dinners.

Thanks Collybird
Thank you so much for your lovely comment, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you'll share your trip with us!?

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Really interesting to read your favourite meals. The top 5 did surprise me with STK coming in from nowhere really and taking the number 1 spot.

Hmm definitely something to think about. Apart from Skipper Canteen we haven't eaten at any of your top 5 and in my planning for next year I'm really trying to stick to as many new restaurants as possible. Boma is definitely up there for me as is Morimoto but perhaps for lunch with just the 1 credit.

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful report. I've loved reading it and you've really inspired me with lots of new ideas.

Xx
I think we are going to do the same next year and just try new restaurants. I already have a list With only 8 to chose it didn't take long to compile it.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Great report as always! I think you did a grand job of almost defeating DxDDP! Some fab meals there!
Thank you for reading! Now I can get caught up on your report!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I’m going to save this for the weekend, I absolutely love your reports!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Mobile

Really enjoyed your report, thank you for sharing
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Fab report , thank you for taking the time to write it . Some lovely meals and a fellow fan of the dxddp. I think it enhances the experience especially if you are swaying away from being a ride based holiday. I love the resorts and a foodie trip can give you an opportunity to try new things . The wave and 9 dragons were stand outs for us .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The pie does look very American! You should have taken the credit for it

Never done roasted sweet potatoes before! How did they turn out?

Looks lush, nothing better than a roast dinner as far as I'm concerned.
I love roasted sweet potatoes - I just chop them into chunks, drizzle with oil and garlic and then cook for about 45mins. They do tend to stick a little and don't look attractive, but they are so soft and caramelised and delicious!

Thanks for doing your trip report - I enjoyed following along and look forward to the next one I have only managed one food report in the past, but I may try again for my trip next year!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Thank you so much for doing this report. I have loved reading along. Like Goldia, your top 5 have made me reconsider our choices for 2020. However, we have 3 kids (who will be 10,7 and 1) so I have to take them into consideration too 😂😂
Tassiriki is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Another fantastic trip report, thanks for sharing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Dec 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Steveswift
Trading Disney Pins

Great read, picked up loads of useful tips, thanks for all of your hard work.
Steveswift is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Another great report, thanks again for taking the time to do it.
Old 26 Dec 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I’ve been AWOL for a bit so this is quite a catch up comment.
Breakfast looks really good at Park Fare. Liberty Tavern food didn’t really look that appetising in your photos either, I’m pleased the dessert helped save it! Disappointing service especially for the Grand Floridian but at least you managed to change the room. The meal at Citros looks delicious. Its great you got to watch the pageant from the balcony but sad that you weren’t that bothered about the room after all. It’s all the more disappointing when the deluxe doesn’t quite hit the mark -Which one do you think is your favourite?
Skippers sounds like it was perfect, I’m really tempted to eat here.
California Grill food sounds lovely, shame it interfered with your MNSSHP snacking! I think your lantern photo is great.
Another bag! Looks fab.
I can’t believe you managed to tick off a few more at food & wine in between Chef de Paris and Monsieur Paul. Your fish looks amazing!
I can’t believe House of Blues bit the dust but the Cheesecake Factory definitely ended the trip on a food high, I groaned when you said you added the pasta as a bit of a side dish as I thought there was no way you were going to make dessert. (I think I might need a copy of your pasta recipe) You both deserve a medal for managing to squeeze in pudding!
Fantastic round up, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading your report as always. Thanks for taking the time to write up your holiday Colette. Hope you’ve both had a fabulous Christmas.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List