Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Nov 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sophie1405
Imagineer

Rosen Plaza

Hey

So i have always stayed in Rosen Inn International or Universal.

However i can get Rosen Plaza cheaper than both of them which is a shock.

Has anyone stayed here? Whats it like?

Thanks

Sophie x

Can't stay away <3
sophie1405 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We have stayed a few times at the Rosen Plaza and in fact are booked for a week in August before moving to Disney.

We really like this hotel, it’s very clean and has a small shop open 24 hours. There is a coffee shop, restaurant (which we haven’t eaten in yet) and a section at the shop for chicken, pizza etc which we have bought and taken up to our room.

We like where it is situated and there is a cvs or similar next door.

So far this hotel has not disappointed us and we are looking forward to our next stay.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

It’s a very nice hotel and definitely a bonus if you can get it cheaper than the Rosen Inn.

It has obviously got the internal corridors, a good pool and pool bar, a little shop and a good buffet restaurant where we had breakfast one morning.

Highly recommended by me 👍
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We have never hired a car in Orlando and have managed well without one.

Once or twice we will book the free shuttle going to Universal and then get a taxi either round to the outlets before getting an Uber back to the hotel, or we will just get a taxi straight back, it wasn’t expensive last year so hope prices are similar.

We just use a taxi or Uber for the rest of our journeys.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Rosen Plaza is the one across from the Pointe. R. Center is further down towards Seawork direction. Both lovely hotels. The Plaza is smaller and has a nice pool area with waterfall into a side pool. Walking distance to many eateries and Walgreens etc.
Old 26 Nov 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

I got the Plaza for May next year for the same price as Pointe so I went for it after reading so many positives here on the dibb.

We won't be hiring a car. We'll be using uber and/or shuttles.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've stayed there twice and would definately stay again.
The rooms are nice the deli is good as is the shop for a light snack and there's also a Costa (I think) just off the lobby area.
The pool area is clean and we never struggled to find a sunbed the pool bar does decent food too.
We never had a car and managed fine, the Pointe is across the road if you turn left at the front of the hotel you can walk to Olive Garden and Bahama Breeze in about 15 mins.
If you turn right it takes about 20 mins to walk to the Red Lobster there's also a CVS next door.

Edited at 05:34 PM.
Taffy1959 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

It’s mostly a hotel used by convention attendees which means it’s very busy and crowded in the mornings and evenings but during day is very quiet, it’s a nice 3staf hotel, rooms are very clean and bright but dated
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We’ve stayed a few times and it’s my top choice for idrive.
We’ve never had a car and it’s never been an issue.
Ask for a high floor - Facebook messenger is the best way to put in a request.
There are conventions on but the pool area was never overly busy.
I’m very sad I couldn’t get it for our dates next year so we are at the Rosen pointe next door.
Old 26 Nov 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by soraia View Post
It's lovely - a massive step up from both Rosen Inn Pointe & International so if you've found the Plaza cheaper I'd book it!

Location wise you do need a car though (it isn't walking distance to all international drive restos like Pointe is) but rooms are much nicer - internal corrdors instead of motel style, really nice pool area, huge lobby and they have loads of restaurants within the hotel & a Starbucks, grocery store etc as it's predominantly a conference hotel.

If you want some piccies check out my solo trip report ("Soraia goes solo") link is in my signature below.
I don’t agree that you need a car. It’s right across from the Pointe, bus stops right outside and it’s a nice stroll in the evenings even for me and I’m not a walker.

The other Rosen hotel, Rosen Centre, is a bit further away but still do-able on foot or bus.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List