Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Nov 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Walking path from MK to GF

Does anyone know if the speculated walkway from Magic Kingdom to The Grand Floridian is actually being built ?
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Nothing showing on google maps yet
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Yes, its in full swing...

The swing bridge has recently been inserted over the water inlet to the lake, ...this will allow the electrical padget to do its thing in the evening.

Disney332
Old 27 Nov 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
There is a good article on another website that is hinting that it is only being created to cater for the ever increasing visitors and a total failure of the Monorail system

Those exiting will be encouraged to walk back to the TTC.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
There is a good article on another website that is hinting that it is only being created to cater for the ever increasing visitors and a total failure of the Monorail system

Those exiting will be encouraged to walk back to the TTC.
Such good news for us as this is exactly what we have always wanted ... DH and I love walking and always stay in the Epcot Resort area because you can so easily walk to 2 parks .. The walk along the water to HS is just lovely .
So being able to stay at the Poly or Grad Flo and being able to walk to MK is perfect... We hate being reliant on Disney Transport so always hire a car but with MK even with a car it’s never easy 🥰
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
Such good news for us as this is exactly what we have always wanted ... DH and I love walking and always stay in the Epcot Resort area because you can so easily walk to 2 parks .. The walk along the water to HS is just lovely .
So being able to stay at the Poly or Grad Flo and being able to walk to MK is perfect... We hate being reliant on Disney Transport so always hire a car but with MK even with a car it’s never easy 🥰
I would like to do that walk as well. The heat doesn't bother us but I wouldn't want to be doing it on a wet cold day.

But like you say a nice walk back to the GF or Poly and probably quicker as well.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I would like to do that walk as well. The heat doesn't bother us but I wouldn't want to be doing it on a wet cold day.

But like you say a nice walk back to the GF or Poly and probably quicker as well.
Indeed, I remember being in Orlando in May 2018 when it was unseasonably wet... had a dinner reservation at Citricos and due to weather no boats ... took us 40 minutes to do the monorail loop to the GF ...crazy !
Old 27 Nov 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Apparently it has not been confirmed as a guest walking path yet, but hopefully it is and not just a castmember path/ road.
It is currently being constructed as we speak.
Old 28 Nov 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Apparently it has not been confirmed as a guest walking path yet, but hopefully it is and not just a castmember path/ road.
It is currently being constructed as we speak.
Really hope so , really wouldn’t make sense to be cast members only , not with the existing overstrain
on Disney transportation