Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 9 Jan 21, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

First attempt a failure 🤮 Made the chocolate banana muffins. Very dense and so sticky that the paper muffin cases were stuck solid. DD compared them to eating wallpaper paste!
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

If you've made the sausage casserole, did you use the chicken sausages as stated in recipe or swap these for pork sausages? Also DH would refuse butter beans - could these be left out?
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
formosagirl
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by skb 123 View Post
If you've made the sausage casserole, did you use the chicken sausages as stated in recipe or swap these for pork sausages? Also DH would refuse butter beans - could these be left out?
I used the chicken sausages, was surprised how nice they were in the casserole as I don't like them normally. You could definitely leave out the beans or swap them for some veg instead
Old 9 Jan 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by skb 123 View Post
I use either the light and Lean or chicken chipolatas from Aldi. If you don’t mind the fat content being higher then use regular sausages. I substituted cannellini beans just because I didn’t have butter beans.

Edited at 10:23 PM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

I've made the chicken chow mein and it was fantastic, I would definitely recommend!

Excuse the mess it created 😅

Edited at 11:34 AM.
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

I'm currently working my way through the book, had Pizza Pasta last night and it is Philly Cheesesteak tonight. I've had one of their books before and I only did a couple of receipes but I am really enjoying this book and after 2 weeks there are still more I want to try which is great!

Loving the look of the chow mein
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I made the pizza pasta but adjusted the quantities to try and make 4 portions. I still made way too much and we had the rest the following day. I found the sauce on the initial serving very watery so I'd probably miss out the tinned tomato's next time and just use passata.

I'm making toad in the hole tonight with plant based sausages. Asda didn't have any low fat ones to order so I'm trying plant based.

It would be so much easier if the WW points were printed in the book. I'm having to use the WW app to work it out and the ones I've checked so far are actually quite low.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List