Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Jul 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Blizzard beach or Typhoon lagoon

If you had the choice of one over the other which would it be and why
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Following if that’s ok, have the same question!
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

BB is v white. Icebergs etc. We burnt due to sunglare despite alot of sunblock.
Plus i love the wavepool so deff TL for me
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Typhoon lagoon for us we prefer the wave pool to the one at Blizzard beach plus the rides especially Mayflower falls. We also have our favourite spot which is shaded for most of the day
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I'm not entirely sure why but I'd guess we visit Typhoon Lagoon 5 times for every 1 visit to Blizzard beach.

It may just be that we've become familiar with TL, so that's our default water park choice.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 19, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Typhoon Lagoon - I love the theming and laid back vibe. Blizzard Beach is basically white paint!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
It depends on who's in the party really.

Typhoon Lagoon has a terrible toddlers area where there are way too many trip hazards, but the sand area is good for them to sit and play.

The blizzard beach area is a lot better for them as its sloped walkways, and the in between tween and toddler area is awesome with a zip line

I find blizzard beach a lot more... sterilised.

Glad they moved the smoking areas out of the parks because at typhoon it was next to the kiddies area.
Old 13 Jul 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

Love them both

Typhoon Lagoon has Crush n Gusher and the Wave Pool which are better than anything at Blizzard Beach but BB has a greater variety of water slides. I also love the theme at BB more than Typhoon Lagoon (which is also excellent)

Go to both. They are very different and both worth the trip.

If I had to choose one I think TL might just edge it but I would be thinking about the family raft ride and the ski lift with regret.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We prefer Blizzard Beach, think the rides are better and think the wave pool at TL can be a bit dangerous for small children ( stand in the wrong place and you will hit the bottom with some force ).
Check when you are going if both will be open , I future guest has told me BB is closed this OctoberRob
Lisbon is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
TravelaruaL
Getting Excited

Mobile

I was agonising over which to visit for our 2018 trip as we were only going for 10 days. In the end I couldn’t decide and managed to fit both in - so glad I did as we loved them both. The theming is so different that it is two different experiences. They were one of the best parts of the holiday for me. TL felt more chilled out and has the wave pool but BB has the ski lift and good rides too. Definitely visiting both when we go again.
TravelaruaL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List