Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 19 Feb 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Mobile

Dave was bang on and it’s scary to me that some people don’t see that.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2023

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
Dave was bang on and it’s scary to me that some people don’t see that.
I don't think there's anything scary about not liking a particular genre of music. Not sure why you would describe it in that way, I can't imagine ever finding it scary that someone else didn't share my taste in music
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
I don't think there's anything scary about not liking a particular genre of music. Not sure why you would describe it in that way, I can't imagine ever finding it scary that someone else didn't share my taste in music
I didn’t mention his genre of music. Or taste in music.

It’s his message that I was saying was bang on, not how he delivered it or what genre it is. Apologies for the confusion.

Edited at 10:50 PM.
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

It’s his message that I was saying was bang on, not how he delivered it or what genre it is. Apologies for the confusion.
Ah ok, must admit I prefer music to be just that. There are other platforms for getting a message across. That is purely my opinion and I appreciate that others like that kind of thing.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Black on its own is a powerful song which he added some extra lyrics imo for the shock value, i'll wager a good few people myself included hadnt even heard of him till this week, now we have, job done

i dont agree with it all but this dosnt make it/me scary ?
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Black on its own is a powerful song which he added some extra lyrics imo for the shock value, i'll wager a good few people myself included hadnt even heard of him till this week, now we have, job done

i dont agree with it all but this dosnt make it/me scary ?
I'd never heard of him but I'm not into that genre of music, when he started performing I liked the staging and production of it all and thought it sounded decent, listening to the original and the brits version I know which I prefer, I'm all for people having their voice about anything they feel passionate about its the preaching to an audience I don't get, if I'm honest it often makes me go the opposite way and cause the audience was going to whoop and cheer when he called Boris racist, the audience was predominantly under 25 every time I saw camera pan around... Now I'm offline for a bit whilst certain people pick the bones out of what I've written 🙄
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I'd never heard of him but I'm not into that genre of music, when he started performing I liked the staging and production of it all and thought it sounded decent, listening to the original and the brits version I know which I prefer, I'm all for people having their voice about anything they feel passionate about its the preaching to an audience I don't get, if I'm honest it often makes me go the opposite way and cause the audience was going to whoop and cheer when he called Boris racist, the audience was predominantly under 25 every time I saw camera pan around... Now I'm offline for a bit whilst certain people pick the bones out of what I've written 🙄
Agree 100%

##tin hat on##
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Anybody that enjoys spoken word accompanied by piano may be interested in The Mythos Suite.
Stephen Fry reading Greek myths with music by Debbie Wiseman.

hamhigh/etcetera/m...ecca-1-6520803

Edited at 02:07 PM.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
Anybody that enjoys spoken word accompanied by piano may be interested in The Mythos Suite.
Stephen Fry reading Greek myths with music by Debbie Wiseman.

hamhigh/etcetera/m...ecca-1-6520803
He was on this morning yesterday talking about this, not my cup of tea I think but I do like Stephen fry and his dry wit ... and his posh voice... tha dunt get much o that in South Yorkshire 😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List